S-Boot Tender Tsingtau frage

Begonnen von Erich~, 20 Juli 2009, 02:37:22

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Erich~

a question concerning her time in Finnland.  Many fotos some in colour show the ship in camouflage canvas covers, next to her are 1-3 at a time striped S-Booten.  During this time in the summer of 1941 do the S-Boot's represent the 1st S-Boot Flottille or the 5th S-Boot Flottille.  I own a copy of H. Bürgers: " Schnellboote vor ! ", so am real curious.

thanks again Gentlemen

Erich ~

t-geronimo

According to Gröner Tsingtau belonged to the 5. S-Flottille from 1941 till 15.02.1942.

But in Jung/Abendroth/Kelling, "Anstriche und Tarnanstriche der deutschen Kriegsmarine" there is a photo showing Tsingtau and the photo caption says: 1941 at the 3. S-Flottille off Riga. ???

I can't tell you whether this is correct or just a mistyping.
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Erich~

thank you Thorsten for your comments.  was able to find that the Tender also may have been under Rudi Peterson's 2nd Schnellbootflottille as well during the brief time in the Finnenbusen in 41.  Yes it is very confusing maybe 4 different S-Flott.'s in the area during spring/summer of 41 ?

Erich ~

t-geronimo

I think that not the whole flotillas were present there but detachments from them.
That explains why Tsingtau was responsible for the supply of boats of different flotillas.

Here you can find details about which boats were in that area. Sadly everything is in german.
If you need some help translating the information then just let me know.

Overview on all flotillas:
--/>/> http://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/km/sboot/sfl-frames.htm

Dislocation of the flotillas:
--/>/> http://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/km/sboot/sloc-tab.htm
There you have to click on the number of the individual flotillas on the left frame.
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Erich~

Thorsten I would agree as there is truly overlap by the Flottille Boots.

In Hans Frank book on the Schnellbooten he mentions the 1st S-Flottille with Carl Peters, the 2nd with the Tsingtau.  I have also heard that sometime during the summer months  with no date(s) apparent that the Adolf Lüderitz was also present in the area.

still confused ...............

fezzo

Hallo Erich and all,

yes,the "Adolf Lüderitz" was in Libau for the 3.S-Boot-Flottille in July 1941.
The 3.S-Flottille (Kemnade) has operated in the Rigabusen and west of the isles Öland and Dagö from June 22.-Sept.23.1941.

from "die Afrika-Flottille" by Friedr. Kemnade

regards
Jan

Erich~

Jan thanks for the additions on A.L. with the 3rd S-Flottille.  If I may add this from another web-site, from one of our own forum members

please note the incredible details going into this Tender and S-boots

you will have to join/login to see the fotos

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/2875-s-boat-supply-vessel-tsingtau-1-250-a.html

E ~

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung