Dezember 1941

Begonnen von t-geronimo, 14 Juli 2009, 23:05:49

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

TW

Danke Urs,
Die Seiten mit den Alliierten U-Booten bearbeitet übrigens Brian Corijn (unter Mithilfe von Platon).

Urs Heßling

moin,

Na, dann können wir ja von Qualität top ausgehen.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

TW

Die für Dagabur einerseits und Talisman andererseits mitgeteilten Positionen fallen auch wieder auseinander, Urs. Wieder eine Herausforderung für den Navigator.
Viele Grüße

Darius

Hallo TW,

kleine Korrektur zu Deinem Kommentar in http://historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/asa/ausgabe.php?where_value=3888
Patras meldete den Angriff vom 11.12. - nicht 12.12.

:MG:

Darius

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: TW am 14 Februar 2015, 10:50:37
Die für Dagabur einerseits und Talisman andererseits mitgeteilten Positionen fallen auch wieder auseinander, Urs. Wieder eine Herausforderung für den Navigator.
Stimmt. Aber so groß ist die Differenz da nicht. Einer von beiden hat "einfach" falsch navigiert.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

LColombo

I do not think that Città di Marsala resumed service in October 1942. Wikipedia in a page about her and her nine sisterships cites a book by Bruno Balsamo on the Tirrenia fleet, which I unfortunately do not have, which claims that in October 1942 she was towed to Trieste, where she remained under repair at the San Rocco shipyard of Muggia until the armistice of September 1943, when she fell into German hands. It is indeed true that at the time of the armistice she was undergoing either repairs or maintenance in Trieste and lacked her engine, which had been sent to the builder - Franco Tosi in Legnano - for maintenance or repairs. She was still in this condition when on 17 February 1945 she was hit during an air raid and partially sunk, as shown by photographs taken in Trieste in May 1945. She was later refloated, repaired and resumed service with the new name of Città di Trapani in late 1947. I notice that Città di Marsala does not appear anymore in the "La difesa del traffico" chronology after December 1941, and that less than three months (28 July-October 1942) seem too little time to have fully repaired the damage caused by the torpedoing and partial sinking in Argostoli; which leads me to think that Balsamo is right and Proteus' torpedo effectively put Città di Marsala out of service for the rest of the war.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung