Prinz Eugen & Bismarck Gemälde

Begonnen von Ulrich Rudofsky, 27 Juni 2009, 15:56:23

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Ulrich Rudofsky

Dieses Bild wurde in 1978 von USA an Deutschland zurückgegeben.  Weiß jemand wo es jetzt hängt? 

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-atl/batlt-41/bismk-c.htm 
Ulrich Rudofsky

kalli

@Ulrich,

eventuell im Deutschen Schiffahrtsmuseum (Bremerhaven) ? Zumindest gibt es dort ein ähnliches Bild. Vieleicht mal dort anfragen bei Herrn Reinhard Huxmann (und ruhig auf mich und das Forum Bezug nehmen :-D).
http://www.dsm.museum/

Schöne Grüße
Kalli

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Ulrich, Kalli and all,

and what about this one showed on the book " Kreuzer Prinz Eugen unter 3 flaggen "  - Ed. Koehlers by Paul schmalenbach.

Were is it showed ?

Who was Wobeck ?  A Prinz Eugen sailor ?

Danke   Antonio  :MG:
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Ulrich Rudofsky

Ulrich Rudofsky

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Kalli and Ulrich,

Danke schon for your informations.

Now I know morw about Claus Bergen and Ernst Wobek.

It should be very interesting to know from which sources they got their painture information, but I think it will be impossible now.

Claus Bergen shows Bismarck behind Prinz Eugen on her port side  while firing at  Hood - PoW during teh DS engagement, well before Hood exploded so between 05.55 and 06.00 as a battle timetable.

Ernst Wobek shows  Bismarck exactly  while executing the starboard turning point to course 270 degrees west ( started at 06.03 ), while Prinz Eugen is still sailing on course  220 degrees before the turn to starboard started  at 06.04 and  PG Rheinubung film  shows us  what happened after.
Here the DS battle time selection is unique as it was  06.03 and 30 seconds more or less.

Now the other info on painture we have is from Schmitz-Westerholt which shows Bismarck at 06.00 behind Prinz Eugen at 06.00 but on her starboard side.

Now PoW battle map shows some Bismarck movements course on the back of Prinz Eugen between 05.55 and 06.00.

It can be that both  Claus Bergen as well as Schmitz-Westerholt are correct, but in any case my personal trust goes more to Schmitz-Westerholt than C. Bergen, because  Schmitz-Westerholt was there and saw everything with his eyes, while Bergen was not.

In my opinion Wobek inputs could only come from a Prinz Eugen survivor, as that was a very crucial moment on that battle when Prinz Eugen was really exposed to enemy fire of PoW and in a very dangerous position.
So a  Prinz Eugen glorious moment to remember forever and Wobek painted it very precisely.

Gruss   Antonio  :MG:

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung