Gneisenau

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 07 November 2005, 12:15:07

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

as probably it is easy to understand from my avatar my favourte ship is TIRPITZ since more than 30 years  :D
I have helped with lot of work the whole community to know more about her technical evolutions ( modifications, flak, camouflages, radar, damages and so on ), more needs to be done but now at least lots of informations and schemes are out there for everybody to be seen.

I have done  the SCHARNHORST as well and it is available too with full details.

BISMARCK was already well covered by many websites, so unless the yellow turrets story and the final flak evolutions  not much to be added there from the schemes and camouflage stand point.
That is why I focused on the battles re-construction, Denmark Strait ( done ) and now the final one.

Now lets move on the 4th German Schlachtschiffe, the GNEISENAU.

Like for all the other 10 KM ships I have ready the set of technical schemes evolution of this ship as well as her complete camouflage changes.

Is anybody interested on seeing it ??

Does are 10 technical schemes and a dozen of camouflages all summarized on 4 yearly plans with the ship history.

The camouflages are of course very similar to her 'Twin' Scharnhorst, but  there are a couple very different.

From the technical evolution it is very interesting the story of the Gneisenau hangar changes, .. 4 different models.

Let me know if somebody is interested.

Ciao  Antonio  :D
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ok, it works, here the GNEISENAU hangars evolution.

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here an example on the way I have  organized the ship technical and camouflage evolutions, with the ship history and so on.

This is the Gneisenau on 1940.

speedl

Hello Antonio,

first, sorry for my bad English, it is only school-knowledge. I am very interested in everything about Gneisenau, because it is my favorite ship. So I can't wait for everything you will post. Also everything about camouflage because I didn't find only a little bit in the www and that was not enough for build a model.

Greetings Stefan
WoWs: "speedl2002" und "fluffl"

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Stefan and all,

do not apologize my friend, it is my fault not to know German  ( looking at my hobby and  passion for KM ships  :oops:  )  and not your one.

But  thanking the fact that many of you do know well enough English  I can still exchange infos and have fun with you guys, .... some I met personally last June in Germany and are all fantastic guys, ...  so no problems for me and thanks to you  :D .

Gneisenau is a ship that do have a particular place in my mind, since it has been always wrongly considered the ' low profile sistership'  of Scharnhorst.

Gneisenau was a fantastic ship and very beautiful, and many time she did much better even of Scharnhorst,  but she had an unlucky and not much famous end,  not like Scharnhorst, that is why.

If your goal is to build a model ( like many do like you ) than I know exactly what you need and that is the reason why I have offered my help with the information.

I am a modeler too and I made already several models of Gneisenau.

If you need something specific let me know as I cannot post here in all the yearly plans that are 5 plus 10 drawings and 12 camouflages,  you have to write me privately and I can send you the material.

Anyway, here the 1939 and 1941 plans  too, and I think among those 3 you should find the one you are intersted, as only the 1942 Cerberus camo  will be out during war period.

Antonio Bonomi

..and here the 1941

Enjoy and let me know which  Number ( technical drawing ) and  Letter ( camouflage ) you are interested on.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here the 1938 ....

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

and here the 1942,...  so now all Gneisenau yearly evolutions are here posted.

I have all other  major KM ships same  yearly evolutions, with  technical schemes, modifications and camouflages listed.

Hope it will be helpful to modelers and history researcher.

speedl

Hallo,

great, great, great, thank you very much. This are great informations. I build the model with 38cm turrets, like it could look 1944 but I'm not sure which cammo I should paint. Have you drawings with norway-cammos?

And, do you have a homepage?

Greetings Stefan

Antonio Bonomi

Cia Stefan,

well I see that you like Gneisenau the way I like it too  :D

OK, here you go with the first  version ... ( thanking Vlad Cimpan  drawing made with my request/directions on a drawing taken from KBismarck.com done originally by Manuel P. Gonzales Lopez).

http://www.kbismarck.com/gwarships.html

Here comes the first  one .....

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Stefan and all,

and here the second one  ( my favourite with Norway  KM blue tones and a camo scheme called ' HUSAR ' like the one originally painted on Lutzow on 1943).

No, I do not have any homepage ( not yet at least  :D ...maybe one day...  :wink: ).

I just write here in and on some other  websites were I feel personally OK to stay after having had some bad experiences  :( .

So you can find me also on :

http://www.kbismarck.org/forum/

http://www.readybb.com/hmshood/index.php

http://pub57.ezboard.com/falltheworldsbattlecruisersfrm1

http://www.shipmodels.info/mwphpBB2/index.php?sid=bd8c5ac8881bcefeeba14ac73e29af4b

Ciao and have fun.  Antonio  :D

speedl

Hello,

FANTASTIC, really FANTASTIC!! :shock: Antonio, now you are one of my best friends!! :D

One question: Are both sides the same cammo, or is bord and starbord different?

I see that on first drawing there are different fire-control-systems then on Gneisenau 1942. Do you know which this are? Same like on Tirpitz?

Greetings Stefan

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Stefan and all,

it is always my pleasure to share infos and have new  trustable friends, so I thank you for your nice words  :D .

OK, now you do not have to forget that those 2 drawings are  out of my ' fantasy ' even if they are mainly based on existing Tirpitz 1944 ( Op. Sizilien ) and Lutzow 1943 ( Op. Husar ) real camouflages.

The drawings only show the starboard ( steuerbord if I am correct in German language ) and not the  port  side ( backbord  if I am right  in German ).

You can go with same camouflage both sides  ( easier to paint on the model with airbrush  and tape for example ) or just make the lines a bit different on your own initiative.

Same thing apply for the  rangefinders ( YES, I have used Tirpitz latest installations ) and Anti-Aircraft  guns ( you see a lot of 20 mm FlakVierlings, but  you can change them with 40 mm bofors like Prinz Eugen had on 1945 for example ), and radars and so on.

Since it is going to be anyhow a ship  of ' fantasy ' lets free up the realization and just, .. enjoy it   :D  

Of course once you are done we like to see the model, .... :D

Let me take the occasion to say Hello from here to my young friend Vlad  from UK for his nice work on making/draw them, ..  bravo Vlad   :D  

harold

You don´t mean Vlad Cimpian, who did this fantastic Littorio?

We were exchanging a lot of mails, one year ago, about the H-42-project.
This world really seems to be a small one ... greet him occasionally, from my part, too!

Ciao,
Harold
4 Ursachen für Irrtum:
- der Mangel an Beweisen;
- die geringe Geschicklichkeit, Beweise zu verwenden;
- ein Willensmangel, von Beweisen Gebrauch zu machen;
- die Anwendung falscher Wahrscheinlichkeitsrechnung.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Harold and all,

YES, it is the same guy  :D

I will forward to him this post, so he will be happy about it.

Ciao Antonio  :D

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung