Luftwaffe over Polish coast

Begonnen von crolick, 15 April 2008, 21:54:58

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

crolick

Hello friends,

I know that the topic which I'm going to raise is a bit out of scope for this Forum but I hope that moderating team won't delete it and maybe one of you have some information for which I'm looking for :O/S

I'm interested in the activities and especially losses (including damages) of Luftwaffe units operating over Polish coast in September 1939.
I have quite a lot sources for 4.(St)/186(T) but still not detailed enough (at least for me :MZ:). I know that KüFlGr 506 and KüFlGr 706 were also operating but I do not have any details of their activity! I know also that some reconnaissance units were operating over the coast but don't know which ones :? There is also possibility that Grenzschutz Abschnitts Kommando I and Eberhardt's Group were also operating some reconnaissance planes but sadly I don't know anything about that (only some rumours on which above claim is based).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Andrzej

t-geronimo

Hello Andrzej!

Sadly I can't help you answering your questions because I know almost nothing about the Luftwaffe.

I will just move this thread into the "off-topic"-area.  :MZ:
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Spee

@T-G,

stop mal bitte.
4.(St.)/186(T) sollte eine Trägerstaffel für "Graf Zeppelin" werden, KüFlGr ist Küstenfliegergruppe. So falsch finde ich's bei "Luftwaffe" nicht. Bei offtopic verschwindet es dann doch recht schnell.
Servus

Thomas

Suicide Is Not a War-Winning Strategy

t-geronimo

Und retour.

Ich sag ja, ich kenn mich da nicht aus.....  :|   :-D
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Spee

Servus

Thomas

Suicide Is Not a War-Winning Strategy

Peter K.

I only know, that the 4./186 suffered two losses (Ju87) on 03.09.1939.
Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

Wingman81

Hello Andrzej.

Usually this is not so my field but i find the following in a german expert forum:

03.09.1939 The 3./Küstenfliegergruppe 506 sinks Kanonenboot General Haller and some smaller ships

11.09.39 He 59 1/KüFGr.506 Ltn.Kapitzki, Uffz.Nowak both killed at/near peninsula Hel

Here you find something about the organization of the units and where they were based:
http://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/lw/see.htm

best regards
Wingman81

Peter K.

Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung