Zeitliche Gliederung der Umbauten an DL-Lutzow, Adm Scheer und Adm Graf Spee

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 08 Mai 2007, 11:51:52

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

now Scheer as a  Schwere Kreuzer,..after the main refits made on 1940.

Here how the ship looked like  before the Oceans raid of 1940-41.

Note the changes on :  funnel platforms,..the mainmast,..the  Atlantic bow,.. the new main tower,.. the funnel cap,..  the anchors, ..added wavebrackers,... new small platform for a flak after B turret,...  new crane port side,...  degaussing cable on the hull,.. new flak layout....etc etc...

If your question is : why not the swastika banners ? 
The answer will be : because they used flags,.. on the main deck,.. like Tirpitz did  also many times on the stern area.

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao All,

here Scheer back from the Ocean raid in Kiel on April 1941,... when Adm Raeder came on board,..just few dark gray stripes on the main tower,...added.

Than you can see Scheer  on Baltic Sea on 1941,  Alan Island Operation with the Tirpitz, ...  a new radar added on the aft rangefinder,.. and after a modification on the top front platform on the main tower,.. removed.

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

NORWAY !

Sailing with Prinz Eugen for Trondheim,  .... Operation Sportpalast march 1942,.. dark grey at first at Grimstad Fjord,... than anchored into LoFjord.

...  than  Operation  Rosselsprung with Tirpitz on July 1942 ( probably YELLOW flat tops there,.. but before during the transfer from Narvik to Alta probably RED flat tops )...

..  than back in Narvik  on the Bogen bay to go up again  to Alta for Operation Wunderland on the Kara Sea on August 1942.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

as a cadets training ship,.on Baltic sea,..1943 and 1944,..dark grey camouflages.

Notice the anti aircrafts  ( flak ) and radar changes occurred  all the way thru,... from 1942 till 1944.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

last years,..1944 and 1945,.. light grey camo,...  new flak guns with some 40 mm Bofors as I already showed time ago,.....  than the end in Kiel harbour.

Closing,..thanks again to Abram.. for been so patient and cooperative,.. on all my many inputs,.... all by the way very well translated into a clear modification made..... I will never quit telling everybody that without him, .. those infos were stil only on my head, .. now you can see them,....    because of him.

BRAVO PLUS Abram ....   Danke..... :MG:

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

... just before leaving for 10 days vacation,  coming to Germany  on Kiel area,..  visiting some very good and warm friends,... here the last one ,.. or I should say the first one,...  Panzerschiffe Deutschland,..Schwere Kreuzer Lutzow.

I know this one is surely Kalli preffered, ...  so fully deicated to him .... :O/Y

Beginning of her career  :

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

some crane changes,.. equipment added,.. you can compare each drawing and realize the improvements  year on year very easily on this way.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

as a friend told me,.. do not talk !,  .. just show it,  ..  and here it is :

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

as many knows,..  Panzerschiffe Deutschland became Schwere Kreuzer Lutzow  on  November 16, 1939 ,.......  but because a ship with a name changed  will always have bad luck,  .....  during Op. Weserubung  Lutzow lost a main gun and was torpedoed almost loosing her stern,.... just attached by the propellers,... towed in harbour
..  and as soon as they repaired it,..  another action,..another torpedo this time not from an U-Boote but from an airplane,..a Bristol Beaufort during Operation Sommereise ,.. on port side,.. just midship between the funnel and the aft rangefinder...:

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

finally in NORWAY !

With Op. Waltzertraum Lutzow reached Norway,.. but on July 1942,... just when strated Op. Roselsprung,..  she ran agound leaving OfotFjord on Tjeilsundet..what about bad luck  :O/Y

So back again in Germany for repairs,.. Rosselsprung camo painted over.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

back in Norway again with dark camo,..Op Regenbogen probably with that dark camo as well,...  under command of  Adm  Kummetz ( same as in Oslo Fjord ) ....  again bad luck,... with Adm Hipper against convoy JW 51-B,...  Adm Raeder substituted,...   many KM warships de-commissioned,.....

..but  Lutzow survived ...in Norway,..with Tirpitz and Scharnhorst,..  a new camo,..  my friend Even Blomkvist ( Tirpitz Alta Museum Director )  helped me discovering it,.. so this camo is dedicated to him,...  Lutzow on 1943,... 

..than a very wonderful one,..the still very mysterious  Op. Husar camo,...  with Norway blue tones,.. and back Lutzow goes in Germany with dark camo on for 1944.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

last years for Lutzow on Baltic sea,..1944 and 1945,...  radar and Flak guns changes,....  very interesting indeed to observe how they introduced so many different flak guns on this ship,.....    as for my study with a Portugal friend for a model last year.

Hope you have enjoyed those Panzerschiffe and our ( me an  Abram )  very hard work to  make it.

Servus,....Ciao to all,.. now I leave for some days,...to visit my Tirpitz friends, .....  my  '' Lovely Queen '' now,. ...  Ciao  Antonio  :MG:

kortex72

excellent work!!!:-)
who is next?
we are waiting impatiently... when will it come?
regards regards regards

Antonio Bonomi

Danke Schon,

I hope you have already seen the Admiral Hipper, Blucher and Prinz Eugen ones I made with Abram Joslin too.

Than I have made also the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau on a bit differenet style, with Andrea Toller, ... they will be redone soon with Abram as well, and with more complete infos.

Time ago I have created the Tirpitz ones, and I am going to make them again with Abram  with more precise infos as well.

Than I have always followed same things for Bismarck of course and never made them yet, so it is a good occasion to fill up that as well.

So, to answer to your precise question :   Bismarck, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, and all with new camo schemes and more precise infos ( you can compare to what is currently available and you will tell me after  :O/Y ).

This way I will have done with Abram Joslin all the 10 major KM warships, and created  a solid reference base to follow new discoveries and evolutions on this never ending research job.

... be a bit patient,..... it will take some time,...  some weeks at least, ....  hopefully everything  on next couple months,....  what about that ??

Ciao  Antonio  :MG:

ufo

Sorry – I just had Lunch – may be that triggers funny questions – Lasagne by the way – not bad. Lasagne in Italy was better though!  :roll:

How did they develop paint schemes in the Kriegsmarine in the first place? Did they already have a set of camouflage schemes ready when the ship was commissioned or did they develop these things on the go? Was there a Marine Dienstvorschrift "How to scribble on your vessel" or did every ship have it's set of plans in the Captains cabin and when he wanted a bit of a change he picked one?

Reason why I am asking is that I am curious if there were paint schemes for Graf Zeppelin somewhere in a drawer or would they have been decided after commissioning?

Ciao,
Ufo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung