Zeitliche Gliederung der Umbauten an Adm Hipper, Blucher und Prinz Eugen

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 17 April 2007, 15:42:26

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Danke Jef,

reallly appreciate your compliments,..very nice from you  :O/Y.

Be sure that soon you will see something more close to what,... you like the best, .. either you or ..... '' meine freund '' Kalli,...... so at least you both imagine what  we are currently working on, ....  :O/Y   

... and it will be  the same as above,....  as I have all I need since many years,..... also on them,....  of course ...   :MZ:

Here a gift for UFO,.......    I had to use a bit on personal interpretation to complete some camo patterns that  were not perfectly visible on my  many photos, .. but here is what it looks like Admiral Hipper was painted while on Kiel dry dock on May 1945....  and at Heikendorf bay  after,...

.. it is so funny to be able to draw on paper  a coloured drawing with the  normal pencils, ....  on my old way to do things, ... and soon after to see it transfomed  into an electronic perfectly coloured drawing, ..... many thanks to Abram again,...  BRAVO PLUS !

Ciao  Antonio  :MG:
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

ufo

Ciao Antonio

Thanks so much!
It does make it easier to understand how they hoped her superstructure would disappear into the brick red background of the factory buildings and the sharp and distinct features of her artillery break up under the dazzling paint.
Alas – it did not save her.

Ufo

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao UFO,

YES, I agree with you and in fact  to understand the colours they used you must take a look at the houses around the drydock and you will realize that they tryied to  simulate a building that was on the left of the ship, ..with same colours almost,.. after an U-Boote  painted in Black.

Sometimes the best available colour photo is printed reversed on books, ..... unfortunately,...  so you run the risk to see that house on  the right ... but to see correctly the photo you must have the orange-brick colour house on the left of D turret guns.

No, either with netz addittion as usual, and some frames added to simulate a permanent construction instead of a ship into a drydock, it did not save her,...  at all.

Now we need o find more infos,..and hope one day to be able to make some more drawings,.. and more precise ones,.. as this is a never ending  path,.. but at least now we have a good reference base,.......   :O/Y

Ciao  Antonio  :MG:

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Abram Joslin

Guten Abend alles

Vielen Dank für Ihre gütigen Wörter!  This has been very fun for me and I've learned a lot! I hope our next project will be as much as a surprise as this one.
-Abram

harold

Hi Abram, welcome aboard!
We all have been quite flabbergasted by your tremendous work, t'is not a one-day's sketch! Congratulations... if such an expression will describe my astonishment concerning your excellent drawings!
Harold
4 Ursachen für Irrtum:
- der Mangel an Beweisen;
- die geringe Geschicklichkeit, Beweise zu verwenden;
- ein Willensmangel, von Beweisen Gebrauch zu machen;
- die Anwendung falscher Wahrscheinlichkeitsrechnung.

Jefgte

Hi Abram,

You made really very high quality work
:MG:  :MG:  :MG:

Thanks a lot for all German Battleships Lovers
:O-_ :O-_ :O-_

Jef :OuuO:
1/700 WL scratchbuilt in progress
- HMS Lion
- SMS Friedrich dre Grosse
- USS Arkansas

georglsg

Antonio Bonomi

maxim

Kann jemand sagen, wann Admiral Hipper diesen Tarnanstrich hatte?

http://www.admiral-hipper-class.dk/admiral_hipper/paint_schemes/pictures/1940/06_hipper_august_40_port_big.jpg

Laut der Seite soll sie ihn im August 1940 gehabt haben, laut Heavy Cruisers of the Admiral Hipper and the Prinz Eugen class (Kagero War Camera Photobooks 2) von Miroslaw Skwiot, Lublin, 2010, was zwei Fotos mit diesem Tarnanstrich enthält, soll sie ihn Ende Juni 1940 gehabt haben. Also von Ende Juni (nach Operation Juno) bis Anfang August 1940 (nächste Werftliegezeit)?

When Admiral Hipper had this camouflage?

http://www.admiral-hipper-class.dk/admiral_hipper/paint_schemes/pictures/1940/06_hipper_august_40_port_big.jpg

It is labelled with August 1940.

Heavy Cruisers of the Admiral Hipper and the Prinz Eugen class (Kagero War Camera Photobooks 2) von Miroslaw Skwiot, Lublin, 2010 contains two photos with this camouflage - and they are labelled with end of June 1940. Did she had this camouflage from end of June (after Operation Juno) to early August (when she entered the yard)?

I have started a model with this camouflage:

Urs Heßling

hi

aus gegebenem Anlaß Frage an die Schiffserkenner: was fährt da in Bild 3 neben ADMIRAL HIPPER über die quadriatisch blaue See ?

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Antonio Bonomi

Urs Heßling

Ciao, Antonio,

considering the size and armament of SAN MARCO, isn´t  the simple "destroyer" somewhat of an understatement  :wink: ?

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Urs Heßling

Ciao, Antonio,

booking on your expertise in this field: can you narrow down the time window of this picture ?

greetings, Urs

maxim

Zitat von: Urs Hessling am 06 September 2010, 18:26:50
considering the size and armament of SAN MARCO, isn´t  the simple "destroyer" somewhat of an understatement 

Considering the size yes, but considering the armament after the conversion I think "destroyer" or "destroyer leader" is appropriate.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

first of all let me thank you Urs for the very unknown photo you shared that shows the heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper.
I had never seen it  before so it was missed on my  private collection, for that again many thanks, if you have more feel free, I like this game,.... :MZ:.

As said the ship on the photo is the Admiral Hipper taken into AltaFjord on summer ( most probably July ) of 1942 from a type 36 destroyer ( look the bow ).
The confirmation comes from the Adm Hipper port side camouflage that very evidently shows the Operation Rosselsprung one of July/August of 1942 ( see my camo nr. 22 ).
But the photo was taken into the AltaFjord and not at Bogen Bucht in Narvik were Admiral Hipper was anchored later in August with Tirpitz.
That is why my call goes for Admiral Hipper during July 1942 and Operation Rosselsprung, into AltaFjord-Norway.

Changing on San Marco, that ship was classified as panzer-kreuzer ( incrociatore corazzato ), just like San Giorgio, later she became a target ship like the Hessen for KM.
Source is my friend Erminio Bagnasco good books about Regia Marina warships.

Bye  Antonio  :MG:

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung