Zeitliche Gliederung der Umbauten an SH und GU

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 12 Februar 2007, 16:38:26

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

I have ready 22 Gneisenau  ''tarnanstrich'' schemes to be showed,  anybody interested ?

Ciao  Antonio  :MG:
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

toppertino

Yes,Antonio.
We are very interested.It would be nice if you show us your paint shemes.

Regards
Lebensende mit 3 Buchstaben: EHE!

Peter K.

ZitatAnybody interested?
... of course, I am always interested!  :-D
Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

speedl

Hello Antonio,

I'm very interested too. Please let us see your new schemes, I'm sure they will be brilliant! :TU:)

Greetings Stefan
WoWs: "speedl2002" und "fluffl"

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

OK, thanking Thorsten ( T-Geronimo )  and Harold for their kind help and suggestions that will enable me to post them let me do some work to personalize them as far as size and removal of the swastikas ( air recognition )  and you will see the full Gneisenau life evolution in colours.

Ok,..I go for the work and I will be soon back here,..... :MG:

Ciao  Antonio  :-)

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

ok first of all I need  to provide you a legenda to read thru the yearly evolution of Gneisenau.

The Gneisenau had 8 major refit works done on her, so  starting from the base drawing, it will be 8 more so a total of 9 base drawings for ship technical modifications.

Each base drawing scheme as been consequently indentified with a number fron 1 to 9, so GU1, GU2, etc etc till GU 9 which is the last one.

On top of those 9 base drawings there have been various camouflages applyed, that I have identified with alphabetical letters, from A  to V proggresively.

Those ship evolution plans basically explain  the whole ship modification and hopefully provide you a clear way to  read the attached schemes.

Please keep in mind that this is a never ending research work, as by putting out my work I hope to stimulate more discussion, have persons with addittional informations contacting me, maybe survivors looking at them and gave som einputs and so on.... so our future knowledge will hopefully grow more.

This is my final goal,  learning more and preventing the memoy of those beautiful ships to disappear, while helping everybody to learn and know them.

Enjoy the ship  :MG:

Ciao  Antonio  :-) 

Antonio Bonomi

Antonio Bonomi

Antonio Bonomi

Antonio Bonomi

...and here the second set of 4 drawings :

Antonio Bonomi

Now we enter the various operations codename with top turret paintings, Nordmark and Weserubung, YELLOW and RED :

Antonio Bonomi

Last part of the Norwegian campaign, with Juno and  the torpedo taken,  than the return to Germany with that dazzle camouflage she had also on the dry dock back home.

Antonio Bonomi

After the repair on dry dock, the Baltic scheme, finally a correct sheme  as all the ones out there were wrong unfortunately.

Than the ship was repainted base grey and sailed for Operation Berlin first attempt on December 1940, but under the base frey on the photos you can still see the dark grey on the stern and on the bow of previous Baltic camouflage scheme, especially on the photos of her in Bergen on December 1940.

Antonio Bonomi

Finally the Operation Berlin started, but they changed colour with YELLOW.

Before sailing they added the frame betwenn the hangar and the funnel, and placed a 20 mm Vierling C38 on it.

When the ship was out of the Luftwaffe range, they covered the air recognition with light grey paint.

Antonio Bonomi

Finally out of Brest dry dock, at first was the old light grey painture, than a much darker colour before sailing for Operation Cerberus.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung