ID=37328 Name: Reinholz, Walter

Begonnen von Carlos Benemann, 28 Juni 2022, 05:20:16

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Carlos Benemann

Hubertus: Meinholz, Wilhelm MtrGfr 24.07.1920   DID NOT EXIST. Please correct name to Reinholz
It took me a whole day to figure this out because he is even missing in the NARA file but according to Argentine references  his name is actually:

Reinholz, Walter. 2. Division, Mtr. Gefr. Cédula 1028.  Geb: 24.07 1920. Am 29 3. 1940 in Santa Fé interniert. Am 16. Feb 1946 mit der Highland Monarch repatriiert. Todesddatum: 27/2/1999.  (Quelle: Carlos Benemann; Estado Mayor General: Ministerio de Marina Servicio de Aviación Naval, Iniciador: Investigaciones de la Jefatura de la Policía de la Capital Federal del Personal: Admiral Graf Spee). 

Hubertus

Niece work Carlos.

Wish i still had the AGS list.

Cheers Herb.
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Benemann

Thank you Hubertus for the compliment. I am sorry that your list was lost, but I am fairly sure that your list was based on the same memorandum sent by J. Edgar Hoover to the Assistant Secretary with cc to the G-2 War Dept and the Director of Naval Intelligence in Wash. on January 27 1944 by special messenger. I have a copy of  the original about 167 pages.  That memorandum contained a compilation of  some (limited) data on the AGS internees in Argentina but only until about 1943. That Confidential Doc. is handmarked "Graf Spee" File #2. Of course I tried to get a copy of File #1. and a bunch of other files but then ran into "restricted access" marked as Security-classified information by various "authorities". I surmise that some of this info could still cause embarrassment especially in Argentina. A complicated issue. Oh well...

However, apparently your base list had most of the data removed leaving just Name, Rank and birthdate. I am guessing it was the English Embassy in Argentina list. However it apparently included a few additional names of prior AGS crew members. I have no data on any of those names. Moreover, that list also had  a number of spelling mistakes regarding the names which compounded with some of my own mistakes requires review. Fortunately Thorsten has been alert to that issue from the beginning of this project.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung