ID=9319 Name: Darrdat, Herbert

Begonnen von Carlos Benemann, 27 November 2021, 15:49:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Carlos Benemann

Darrdat, Herbert (Auch Dardat in Arg. Dokument und auch Darrat in Amerikanischen) 9. Division Graf Spee Masch Gefr. Cédula 916. Geb: 17 März 1918. 1940 in der Provinz Córdoba interniert. Am 24. Jan 1944 beantragt Erlaubniss um außerhalb vom Calamuchita Córdoba Lager zu arbeiten. Zog zur Addresse Independencia 545  und Calle Lima 166 beide in der Stadt Córdoba. Grund war das er jetzt verheiratet war. Am 28. Jan 1944 Anfrage vom Argentinischem Heer über seine Aktivitäten. Am 19 September 1945 berichtet das Arg. Kriegsgefangenen Amt seine unerlaubte Ehe mit der Arg. Staatsbürgerin Berta Gomez. 14 Feb. 1946, Ins Sierra de la Ventana Lager eingeliefert. Nachfrage vom Arg. Bundesgericht (Auf Antrag seiner Frau) ob er zur Repatriierung gemeldet wurde. Vermerk von dem Gericht der Kriegsmarine 3. April 1945 in  Berlin, erscheint Herbert Dardat (so geschrieben) auf der Liste der Soldaten gegen die Verfahren beantragt aber noch nicht eingeleitet wurden.(wegen 'unerlaubt mit Ausländerin verheiratet') Am 16 Feb 1946 mit der Highland Monarch repatriiert. Es ist anzunehmen aber ungewiss wann er nach Argentinien zurückkam. Jedenfalls, ein Heriberto Dardat, lebte in der Stadt La Banda in der Provinz Santiago del Estero. Dort begraben. Todesdatum unbekannt. (Quelle: Carlos Benemann)

t-geronimo

Let's take Dardat as spelling for the last name.
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Carlos Benemann

Sorry, I would disagree, because Darrdat is the spelling in the Original Listing 12/1939. Some sites have it as Dardat, probably because that is the much later spelling in the List of Prisioneros de Guerra 1944/1945  But I yield to your judgement. Cheers
Carlos

t-geronimo

Ok, but you told me that some official documents also write him as Dardat.  :/DK:
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Hubertus

I think Thorsten is correct i can not find a surname name DARRDAT any where.
I think we use Dardat, there are surnames Dardat, 3 died in wars

Herb.
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Benemann

Yes, you are right and that is true. It is just a fact that "official Documents" screw up a lot.
I just try to gather up all relevant data at hand and then focus on what appears to be accurate. A bit time consuming but we are making progress. Frankly I don't know what to make of some of the names Also Known As (AKA) like for example Kurt Ridczewski AKA Ridzewski. Sometimes I have a half dozen spellings. The most difficult are the Placenames in handwriting (Sauklaue) For example birthplace in villages now in Poland that have ceased to exist at all. Ohh well. we move on.
Carlos

Hubertus

I know what you go through, Have a hard time with names like Umlauts ü some names use them and other do not.
Names also use ck in them, but do not have c very time.
Place names all so change etc.
WW1. Cöln and Cassel
WW2. Köln and Kassel

With can only do what we think is right.

Cheers Herb.
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Benemann

Good point Herb about the changes in place names. But it is especially so for many small villages that are the birthplace for sailors in say areas that started of with quasi polish names and then "germanized", then reverted to new Polish names or were completely obliterated and ceased to exist. I was just looking at one TAUSCHRITZ some time ago in Saxony but I can't find it on any map. What makes it  worse is the Argentine handwriting and spelling.
Moving on... maybe a glass of a good Argentine Malbec now..
Saludos, Carlos

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung