ID=236 Name=Aehlich, Herbert

Begonnen von Carlos Benemann, 20 September 2021, 01:12:51

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Carlos Benemann

Aehlich, Herbert 4. Div. Oberbootsmaat Graf Spee, (Geb. 15 Feb 1913) Provinz Mendoza interniert.(Cédula 1007) Am 16. Feb 1946 repatriiert. Todestag 21 März 1992, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, Berlin. Quelle: Carlos Benemann

NOTE:  Correct Birthday 1913.

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Carlos Benemann am 20 September 2021, 01:12:51
Aehlich, Herbert 4. Div. Oberbootsmaat
Die korrekte Dienstgradbezeichnung ist Oberbootsmannsmaat

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Hubertus

The rank i used is OBtsMt.

Cheers Herb.
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urs Heßling

hi, Hubertus,

Die Abkürzung ist richtig / The abbreviation is correct

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Carlos Benemann

Hello Urs:
Still have a question. I agree with the abbreviation, but I wonder about your earlier statement that:
Die korrekte Dienstgradbezeichnung ist Oberbootsmannsmaat.
I thought the spelled out rank for ObBtsm is  Oberbootsmann.
and the rank for ObBtsmt is Oberbootsmaat. Is Oberbootsmannsmaat the same?
However, I can't find any other rank abbreviation for an Oberbootsmannsmaat. Is there any rank difference with Oberbootsmaat?
Cheers, Carlos

Urs Heßling

hi, Carlos,

Oberbootsmann and Oberbootsmannsmaat are quite different

The Oberbootsmann is a chief petty officer (in German: Portepeeunteroffizier), comparable to a suboficial in the Argentine navy. His specialty is seamanship (in German: Decksdienst)
But: if his specialty in the navy (in German: Laufbahn) were different, he might be an Obersteuermann (navigation), Obermaschinist (engines), Oberfunkmeister (radio) or Torpedo-/Artillerie-Obermechaniker (weapons)
As you can see, the rank designators are not quite the same, but have differences

The Oberbootsmannsmaat is a petty officer (in German: Unteroffizier), comparable to a cabo principal in the Argentine navy. His specialty is seamanship, too
and a second but :  if his specialty in the navy (in German: Laufbahn) were different, he might be an Obersteuermannsmaat (Navigation), Maschinenobermaat (engines), Oberfunkmaat (radio) or Torpedo-/Artillerie-Obermechanikermaat (weapons)

The abbreviations are OBtsm for the first and ObBtsmMt for the second.

greetings, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung