Operation Cablegram and Outing???

Begonnen von geosub1978, 12 Mai 2021, 17:49:45

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

geosub1978

Hello, I wonder if anyone can point out sources about the operations Cablegram, Outing I/II and the evacuation of the Aegean by the German troops and the respective convoys. It seems a very obscure 3 month period August-October 1944 and only few details are available.

Thank you!

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: geosub1978 am 12 Mai 2021, 17:49:45
Hello, I wonder if anyone can point out sources about the operations Cablegram, Outing I/II and the evacuation of the Aegean by the German troops and the respective convoys. It seems a very obscure 3 month period August-October 1944 and only few details are available.
see https://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/44-10.htm with quite some details

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

geosub1978

Danke Urs!

That has realy main points in a robust way.
I am looking for something dedicated on the organization of the naval evacuation from the German side but I don't think there is anything!

Thanks

Georg

Urs Heßling

"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

geosub1978

t-geronimo

For the german part of this operation you have to look for operation "Leander" (Evacuation of southern part of Greece, agean and ionian islands).
According to NARA Guide No. 4 there are some wartime files of Marinegruppenkommando Süd, divided on several NARA rolls (of course all in german language).
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung