Landungsfahrzeuge: SF 193

Begonnen von lupodimare, 10 April 2021, 16:15:59

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

lupodimare

Sorry, english text. While reading the main Jugoslavian partisan war diary of the Adriatic, i came across an interesting reference of the loss of the Siebelcraft. It's already known by description she grounded after British surface action and then she was attacked by Partisan from shore.

Source is DOKUMENATA I PODATAKA O NARODNOOSLOBODILAČKOM RATU JUGOSLOVENSKIH NARODA   (available online)

Extracting from report n° 129  (if you download the file, it's digital page 349)

19 o.m. oko 0500 sati Bračka flotila vratila se sa borcima sa kopna.4 Gubitci naših trupa neznatni, nepr. trupe pretrpele su znatne gubitke, saveznički brodovi5 potopili 3 do 4 nepr. broda, među kojima jednu tešku naoružanu maonu.6 Brod koji je tom prilikom zapaljen od savez, pomor, jedinica goreo je preko čitavog dana nošen strujom od Omiša prema obali Brača, te je oko 1800 sati prihvaćen od jedinica Bračke flotile i dotegljen u Splitsku 1., gde je požar ugašen. Brod je u upotrebljivom stanju jer su mašine skoro netaknute.

Then at bottom page it specify that
6 Riječ je o dvotrupnoj peniši »SF 193«.

i think she's not commonly associated with crafts captured and re-used by partisans because from the very little reference seems clear partisans didn't classified/used it as a proper war boat. If she was effectively brought back  to service, her fate merged with the ones of many local ex-civilian crafts.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung