Sinking of torpedo boats TA 24 and TA 29.

Begonnen von cam, 27 Februar 2021, 21:45:52

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Iceman

Ak ok, my bad, I didn't read with attention the first part of the discussion. It's a pity the KTB of TA 32 of the period has been lost....

Marco

Zerstörerfahrer

Zitat von: Iceman am 01 März 2021, 14:11:53
Strange that the German torpedo boats were taken totally by surprise becasue at that time they were all equipped by Fu.Mo radar.....

Laut Wirich von Gartzen S. 148 hatten die Deutschen ihre Funkmeßgeräte ausgeschaltet, um beim Minenlegen nicht angepeilt zu werden.

Grüße
René

cam

Zitat von: Zerstörerfahrer am 02 März 2021, 19:26:10
Laut Wirich von Gartzen S. 148 hatten die Deutschen ihre Funkmeßgeräte ausgeschaltet, um beim Minenlegen nicht angepeilt zu werden.
Then how did the Germans find "enemy destroyers with a bearing of 180 degrees" 8 km away on a dark night? Maybe, after laying mines, on the withdrawal, the radars were turned on?

cam

Zitat von: Darius am 28 Februar 2021, 16:43:18
Some data is the book "Die Flottille - Außergewöhnlicher Seekrieg deutscher Mittelmeer-Torpedoboote" by Wirich von Gartzen, pp. 144-153.
This means that I have posted a very small part of the description and, probably, with an inaccurate translation. From this segment it is difficult to judge something about the actions of the German torpedoboats or, at least, the surviving TA 32. Maybe you can add something to what was written?
As I found out, there are no original German documents for this period.

cam

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung