Greetings from Australia

Begonnen von linasilva, 18 Juni 2019, 09:35:59

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

linasilva

Hallo zusammen,
Vielen Dank für Ihre Beiträge, noch bevor ich mich vorstellte. Entschuldigen sie bitte meine deutsche sprache ich verlasse mich auf google translate...

Ich bin Doktorandin am Curtin Corrosion Center. Hier ist der Link für die Webseite der Gruppe (https://corrosion.curtin.edu.au/research/microbial/). Weitere Informationen über mich und meine früheren Forschungen finden Sie unter https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Lina_Silva-Bedoya.

Darius

Hello Lina,

thank you   :TU:)
Sometimes it´s better not to google translate  :MLL:

But keep on trying your German.

Regards

Darius

linasilva

oh sorry for any mistakes, so embarrassing :embarassed:
I'll write in English from now on  :-)

t-geronimo

Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Peter K.

Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

Kuddelshark

Navy is not only a job, it's an adventure

Taucher

Viele Grüße vom Alpenrand
Leo

Rast

Ich bleibe bei Deutsch.

Gut das du da bist!!!!  :birthday:
Lieber 5 Minuten vorsichtig als ein Leben lang tot!

IRON

Hello Lina,

welcome to our Forum, good to have all continents represented here. Deepl is the better translation machine - no doubt about that, but as you can see most of us a proficient in understanding/writing in English. But which part of your interest brings a PHD student for chemical engineering to our forum?

kr

Christian

linasilva

Zitat von: xrz100 am 20 Juni 2019, 10:42:06
Hello Lina,

welcome to our Forum, good to have all continents represented here. Deepl is the better translation machine - no doubt about that, but as you can see most of us a proficient in understanding/writing in English. But which part of your interest brings a PHD student for chemical engineering to our forum?

kr

Christian

Hi Christian, yes I can see that now. What a relief!

I am studying the shipwrecks of the HMAS Sydney and the HSK Kormoran. I am mainly interested in the type and composition of the metal plates used in the hull of the Kormoran and the composition of the paints used over the hull above and below the waterline. Someone gave me a hint about the metal possibly used in the hull (Schiffbaustahl I, St34 or 37 equivalent) and the possible RAL numbers of the paints (RAL 8015 for below the waterline and RAL 7016 for above the waterline).

Sadly, I haven't been able to find the composition of these paints or the DIN equivalent of the metal. I only know that the paint used below the waterline had very poor quality as mentioned on the kormoran's war diary on 04/06/1941 (here is the link for the English translation of the diary: http://www.defence.gov.au/sydneyii/FinalReport/Report/images/PTE.006.0001.pdf). The captain was forced to stop to clean and repaint the underwater hull several times in a short period of time due to the build-up of organisms that was slowing them down...but they do not mention the type of paint they were using.

I have managed to find all this information for the Sydney but nothing for the kormoran. I would appreciate it a lot if you can please provide any relevant information or guide me in the right direction

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung