Pilabo/LWS Kroatien

Begonnen von Arjan, 03 März 2019, 15:03:01

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Arjan

In Rodolphe Roussille's book "German Pioneer equipment and vehicles " there are two pics showing an LWS (LWS 300) and a Pilabo whose number is not very clear. According to the author the pics were taken in Yugoslavia and he states the number of the Pilabo is 212. The  HMA data of Pilabo 212, however, show this vessel was never in Yugoslavia so something is wrong here. Either the pics were not taken in Yugoslavia or the number 212 is wrong. The last digit of the number is not clear and I suspect it's Pilabo 213 rather than 212 which would make more sense because Pilabo 213 was indeed used in Croatia. I would be very interested in seeing some pics of Pilabo 213 , if I'm not mistaken Peter Schenk has published some ?

The following pic is from War through the lens, use for discussion purposes is permitted :

Members may post images from this site on other Web sites for discussion purposes, provided (a) only a single image is posted at a time, (b) the image includes our watermark and is credited to War Through the Lens, (c) any useful information regarding the subject of the image gained from the discussion is shared with our site administrators so that we may improve the quality of the caption and other information related to the image.

Arjan

Darius

Hello Arjan,

it seems the "212" you look for was the "386", which get the number "L 212":
--/>/> https://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/landungsfahrzeuge/pionierlandungsboot/ausgabe.php?where_value=230

But the last digit is hard to read.

:MG:

Darius

Arjan

Thanks Darius that makes sense ! Senj may well be the general location where the pics were taken. It seems likely this LWS took part in operation Wikinger.   

Gruss,

Arjan

TW

Hallo Arjan, liebe Kollegen.
Es waren ja nicht gerade viele LWS im Einsatz.
Kennt Jemand die Nummer des in Kroation eingesetzten Landwasserschleppers?
Weiß Jemand, bei welcher (Pionier?)-Einheit er eingesetzt wurde ?
Im Kugler "Landungspioniere" ist unter Ldgs.Pi.Btl. 771 nichts dazu vermerkt.
Wo könnte man Infos darüber finden?
Viele Grüße
Thomas

WaPrüf hatte offenbar die LWS 2.99 und LWS 3.00
LWS 4.15 auch noch mit großen Frontscheiben ...
LWS 5.26 war in Russland bei PiL 778 - aber hieraus lese ich LWS 500
Gab es am Ende 2 LWS 5 ???
LWS 6.67 war in Tobruk bei der PiL 778, aber offenbar auch in Tscherkassy
Suche nach "Tscherkassy" in der LFZ Chronik gibt bislang nur Stubo-Kdo 906 aus.
LWS 6.67 in Kolonne mit 2 weiteren
LWS 7.xx in Berdyschiw (bei pinterest)
LWS 8.69
LWS 9.70
LWS 11.72, der im April 1944 zum Pionier-Landungsbataillon 771 (lt. Roussille)
LWS 11.72 ist bei Trojca bei der 5./Pionier-Landungs-Bataillon 772 (S. 79).
Ich meine mich zu erinnern, dass die Zahl der LWS im Front-Einsatz nicht über 11 hinaus ging.
Innenaufnahme von Typ II mit den kleinen Frontscheiben

Viele Bilder gibt es bei pazerserra und bei worldwarphotos
Ich würde zu gerne alle LWS in die LFZ-Chronik einbringen.

Darius

Arjan

Hallo Thomas,

According to Waldemar Trojca the LWS belonged to Pionier Landungs Batailion 771. The unit was based in Lindau (11.1943-01.1944) where it was refitted and reorganized. 3.Kp had an L-Boot and LWS ? (Trojca added a question mark here). 2.Kp was transported to the Fiume area (15.01.1944) and sailed to Zara. 18.03.1944 Elements of 3.Kp, operating from Kraljevica, took part in clearing the northern part of the island of Rab from Tito's partisan units . From 23.04.1944, elements of 3.Kp, together with soldiers of Küstenjäger Abteilung Brandenburg, took part in an operation on the island of Korcula.

I will continue with some data about operation Wikinger tomorrow (typing the names of all these Croation islands requires a clear head).

By the way, Roussille mentions Kraljevica as a possible location of one of the  LWS 300 pics in his book. I don't know if he had any concrete evidence of this.

As to the LWS in the pics, it is LWS 300 but it has the later style cabin whereas the original LWS 300 had an early one. Not clear if the "Croatian LWS" was a rebuilt version of the original LWS 300 or a completely different one with the same number. Unfortunately, many details will remain a mystery and the fact that the numbering system of the LWS was deliberately confusing does not help.

Gruss,

Arjan

TW

Thanks a lot for these informations, Arjan.
Obviously I should concentrate all my attention to PiL 771
Best regards and good night !
Thomas

Arjan

As promised some more info. I've made a scan of the text, that saves me a lot of typing :

There is also a colour illustration in the book depicting the LWS with the dummy gun. I don't think there are any photos of this vehicle so this is just an artist's impression :

If Trojca's info about LWS 1071 is correct this vehicle certainly travelled around quite a bit. I've got pics of it taken in Boulogne and Le Havre (France), Vlissingen (Holland) and probably Fredericia (Danmark).

Gruss,

Arjan

Arjan

TW

Vielen herzlichen Dank, Arjan.
Ich werde die Zusammenstellung von Trojca demnächst in Ruhe durchgehen.
Liebe Grüße
Thomas

Arjan

You're welcome Thomas. I don't know if you know the pic of LWS 299 (or 300?) taken in Terneuzen, I posted a link here :

https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,25038.0.html

One of the many LWS mysteries is why there do not seem to be any pics of LWS 869 and LWS 970.

Gruss,

Arjan

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung