Questions on the night battle at Cape Barfleur 24 April 1944

Begonnen von cam, 01 August 2018, 20:52:06

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

cam

Hi,

Colleagues.
Help me find out how the German ships sank the MTB-671.
I have it
http://cfv.org.uk/research/personnel/memoir/if-i-only-had-known
and the Russian translation of Leo Reynolds.
Оfficial report of the action of 23rd/24th April, 1944 made by Lt Commander D.Bradford
http://sussexhistoryforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=12667.5;wap2
does not open.
But nowhere are there descriptions of the actions of the Germans.
The main question - how to torpedo boats found MTBs and why did not destroy everything.

cam

Hi, cam,
I changed the Thread title fro Barfler to Barfleur und the date of Bradford's report from 1945 to 1944.
greetings, Urs

t-geronimo

Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: t-geronimo am 01 August 2018, 21:58:40
From war diary 5th torpedo boat flottilla.
top :MG:

zu Blatt 1, Text Zeile 12  "K gelb" ist die Marine-Bezeichnung für die Formation "Kiellinie", d.h. ein Boot hinter dem anderen in dessen Kielwasser.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

cam

Ken Forrester, artilleryman MTB-632 writes that the British used hydrophones, the Germans suddenly appeared at 01.00 and the British immediately began to run away. The English are contradicting themselves!

cam

cam

Hi,

Not clearly, both actions of the German ships were only with the Bradford's  group MTBs or different.
Reynolds writes that the fleeing British dropped deep bombs, but in the KTB of the 5th Flotilla nothing is written about it.

cam

t-geronimo

Maybe they did not notice that because the british boats retreated behind a smoke screen?
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

cam

Probably so it was. Reynolds writes that the Germans have stopped the pursuit because of the explosions of deep-sea bombs.

cam

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung