Spurträger und Rampeneinrichtungen bei Siebelfähren, gibt es Experten

Begonnen von Aquarius, 11 März 2018, 19:59:40

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Aquarius

Hallo Siebelfährenkundige,

ich versuche derzeit Spurträger und Rampeneinrichtungen von Transportfähren zu verstehen und zeichnerisch darzustellen. Die Angaben in den Zetzsche Skizzen, sowie in dem von Arjan entdeckten Film habe ich ausgewertet, aber diese lassen noch etliche Fragen offen. Daher mal die Frage in die Runde: "Verfügt jemand von euch über weiteres Material oder Informationen zu diesem Detail ?". Kann mir jemand eventuell ein besser als 499 x 223 Pixel aufgelöste Version der bekannten Abbildung von T15 (SF_T_15.jpg) zur Verfügung stellen?

Euer Aquarius

Aquarius

Arjan

Hallo Otto,

I closely studied the Zetsche Skizzen you mention but I simply can't figure out how the ramp was supposed to be extended/ folded down. More primitive ramps with what appears to be floats attached (the barrel shaped things) are shown in a BA pic (N 1603 Bild-027).

There are at least three other pics of T15, two of which were taken in the port of Patras. Unfortunately,  the copies I have are not very clear. I'm convinced better copies can be found either in the BA or the French ECPAD archive. The reason for my assumption is that copies of these pics were offered on ebay some years ago by a Frenchman who always sells copies from both archives.

Here you can find one pic that also shows T15 in the port of Patras :

https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=217289

Gruss,

Arjan

Aquarius

Hallo Arjan,

thank you for your efforts. From the text in "Zetzsche Skizzen" it can be deduced that the extension/retraction of the ramp was managed by a rope system, driven by a man powered capstan. In the movie M2395 cou can detect the run around of crew members from 10:05:20:06 to 10:05:25:00. See the position between steering house and ramp. This position of the capstan seems to be changed to a position on the left and right foredeck for later versions of this ramp system. Though I understand the basics of this system I have no detailed ideas as how the ropelines where arranged.

Regarding the Patras pictures of T15 you mentioned, I found that other pictures sold earlier on ebay (senschumas) showing Opel Blitz trucks with canvas hoods on their noses show the same scene, probably taken from the gun platform of the ferry laying with its bow to the pier. I guess you know them already. All pictures can be found in "https://patraikosgulf.wordpress.com/b%CE%84-%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%BA%CF%8C%CF%83%CE%BC%CE%B9%CE%BF%CF%82-%CF%80%CF%8C%CE%BB%CE%B5%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%82/k%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%87%CE%AE/". The resolution there, however, is rather bad.

Gruss,

Aquarius

Arjan

Hi Otto, I'm indeed referring to the pics offered by the Frenchman "Senschumas". His real name is Alain Verwicht and he published some magazines/booklets on WWII subjects (mostly German armoured vehicles and divisions). I think I still have his email address so you might drop him a line to ask which archive the pics hail from.

Gruss,

Arjan

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung