Schnellboot Turist

Begonnen von alo41, 01 April 2017, 10:55:56

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Thank you,

The last "turist" photos with FKK and fishing. I think you can find the exact spots.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

jja60

Hello

The place is unmistakable, Suomenlinna / Sveaborg. The exact spot in FKK 1 and FKK 2 is the entrance to dock bay (Varvilahti). The pier is on the south side and view in FKK 1 is along the west side of Länsi-Musta island and in FKK 2 towards buildings E3 and E4 on Länsi-Musta island. Suomenlinna has no street names, the addresses are given as island letter and building number.

The exact location of the fisherman is not yet clear.

Jari

alo41

Yes, it is!

Here is a " FKK Then and now".

You are quite close to the fisherman.

/Alo

jja60

Hello

I would say that the fisherman is at the outer gate of the Susisaari drydock. On the background is bastion Hamilton that is on the south side of the dock.

Jari

alo41

Yes :-)

Note that you can see the aft of S 28 to the left.

I had some problem with finding a photo taken there.

I do not have any more "turist" photos. I will post the last ones from the album in a new thread. Link: http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php?topic=28049.msg317618;topicseen#new

/Alo

alo41

I found some more on the Airisto hotell on Stormälö (page 2, photos Villa 2a and 7 a).

Stormälö was used as a U-Boot base with M/S Seeburg and M/S Kregeld. I have attached a photo of U 145 visiting the Airisto hotel in the same way as S 28. The custom to write grafiti on the rock (Villa 7a) is still on going. Is there any from the war left?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: jja60 am 22 April 2017, 20:49:13
I have identified the villa. It is a restaurant and accomodation building of the Finnish Tourist Association (Suomen Matkailijayhdistys) located in island Stormälö in Parainen (Pargas).

So, the "where" has been found out, for "when" you have to check when S 28 was stationed in the west, also in Turku or Saaristomeri area.
Ich habe jetzt auch den Dokumentenbezug gefunden.
Am 19.6.41 wurde durch den FdT nach einer Besichtigungsfahrt in Pensar und Umgebung als Liegeplatz für die 5. SFltl das "Sporthotel Stor Melö" bestimmt. Ein Grund dafür war die Nähe des Liegeplatzes der Carl Peters an der Nordseite der Insel "Lillnagu" (vermutl. Schreibfehler, für "Lillmälö")

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Thanks Urs :-)

I have attached a map showing the islands. I do not know the exact spot for Carl Peters.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 April 2017, 16:52:56
I have attached a map showing the islands. I do not know the exact spot for Carl Peters.
Der FdT KzS Bütow schreibt in seinem KTB, daß zwischen CP und dem Liegeplatz der Flottille bzw. dem Hotel Sichtverbindung bestand.
Der Liegeplatz ist also wahrscheinlich nordöstlicher als deine Pin-Position, wohl in der flachen Nordbucht am Nordostausläufer der Insel Lillelandet.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

FAUN

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 29 April 2017, 17:13:24
(...)
Der Liegeplatz ist also wahrscheinlich nordöstlicher als deine Pin-Position, wohl in der flachen Nordbucht am Nordostausläufer der Insel Lillelandet.

Gruß, Urs

Sollte es nicht statt Lillandet Lillmälö heißen? Lillandet liegt doch südwestlich der beiden Mälö.

alo41

Hi

I think I have found the place on Lillandet (or Lill Nagu or Pikko Nauvo in finish) based on a few photos of Carl Peters and Urs information.

Photo No 5 shows the first small island to the west of Carl Peters.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

There is a lot of photos from Schnellbootbegleitschiff Carl Peters on Ebay. Link: https://www.ebay.de/sch/m.html?item=391989469760&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_ssn=kurmark-antik&_sop=10&_pgn=5&_skc=200&rt=nc

There are several showing Carl Peters at Lillnagu in Finland 1941. (the seller got it wrong, it is not Norway and not a battleship)

CP 1a: The on board Kino "Lill-Nagu" showed Bal pare´ on 11 July and Kora Terry on 24 July.
Link Bal Pare´: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odl5anGjjPw
Link Kora Terry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTUlBsipLas
I have a feeling that the Kora Terry was the most popular with the crew.

CP 2: At Lillnagu
CP 3: At Lillnagu
CP4a: Carl Peters Bordehund? Do anyone know the name?

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung