Destroyer Spalato (captured Yugoslavian destroyer Split)

Begonnen von PT Dockyard, 19 August 2016, 01:39:31

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

PT Dockyard

Does anyone have a drawing showing this destroyer in her original Yugoslavian configuration or (better yet) the planned conversion by the Regina Marina in 1941-42?

Any sketch/drawing/photo of a model is appreciated!

Thanks!

Dave G

The PT Dockyard
The Island of Misfit Boats

Darius

Hello Dave,

in my database I have this two articles in journals:
Tajemniczy niszczyciel Split; Adam Smigielski; Morze, Statki i Okrety; 2007/2; Split   ; Zerstörer; Jugoslawien
Dlugie narodziny niszczyciela Spilt; Zvonimir Freivogel; Okrety Wojenne; 16; Split; Zerstörer; Jugoslawien

I´ll look if there´s any requested drawing.

Regards

Darius

Darius

dann noch:

Enrico CERNUSCHI, Vincent O'HARA: The Star-Crossed Split: the Troubled Story of an Unlucky Flagship; Warship 2005

:MG:

Darius

Enrico Cernuschi

crolick

Hi Dave,

on non-existence Warship Projects forum we have discussed this in length. There was also very short topic on SPLIT on Paluba: http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php/topic,12016.0.html
If you use Google translate you can still try to read FOW (in Polish) about SPLIT: http://fow.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=106

Basically as far as I am aware (based on discussion with Freivogel) the original drawings of SPLIT have not survived (or were still not found ;) ).
So we can only try to reconstruct. Indeed in article by Enrico there is a drawing by Maurizio Brescia however I'm not sure on what basis it was drawn.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Andrzej

Enrico Cernuschi

Archivio Ufficio Storico della Marina Militare, Roma, Fondo Supermarina Scacchieri esteri, Maridalmazia, Busta 7, fascicolo 156 "Esploratore jugoslavo Spalato".

Enrico

Iceman

Good afternoon,

actually some original (French) plans still exist, here the top view of how SPLIT would have been if completed as the original drawing.

The Brescia/Cernuschi article is a base from where a research on SPALATO/SPLIT can start but there are some very big mistakes, especailly regarding the original Yugoslav armament and later the planned Italian armament and also about the engine configuration. Tosi provided the  complete power plant of the rebuilt postwar SPLIT while for SPALATO, OTO Leghorn supplied it that was already onbard on Italian armistice.

Best regards

Marco Ghiglino

PT Dockyard

Incredible! Is there a profile as well?

Thank you :sonstige_154: :sonstige_154: :sonstige_154:

Dave
The PT Dockyard

crolick

WoW :-o

Absolutely amazing Marco! Have you published your findings already somewhere where we can read about SPLIT original design?
Do you have the longitudinal view?

Iceman

Hello Crolick and Dave,

Thanks alot for the compliments, I'm preparing a short article with drawings that I will probably publish in AIDMEN bulletin next year, after that it will be available online on AIDMEN website/forum www.aidmen.it

Exist also a longitudinal view (not the external profile view) of SPLIT but the paper is very old and is difficult to publish it, it is almost unreadable. I will try to elaborate it in CAD for a better view.

I'm still looking for the drawing of the Italian final project but for the moment I cannot find it anywhere, I have only some abstract with not so many particulars.

MG

Darius

Enrico Cernuschi

PT Dockyard

And this weekend I was going to start the model. This is well timed indeed!

Dave
The PT Dockyard

PT Dockyard

From the drawing provided I conjecture there are some similarities between the Split and the earlier Beograd

Dave
The PT Dockyard

PT Dockyard

From the Paluba forum. at the bottom is a photo that is possibly the Split at the end of the war

http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php/topic,6500.405.html

Dave
The PT Dockyard

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung