UJ 2108 ex-AVRA

Begonnen von Dido, 02 November 2015, 12:36:56

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Dido

The photo marked at attachment 1 that appears at
http://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/verluste_griechenland/ausgabe.php?rubrik=%&where_value=458
does not show UJ 2108 but UJ 2107 ex-MILOS.

Attached are two photos of the ship when she sailed as the Greek Navy auxiliary AVRA. In attachment 2 she is berthed next to the torpedo boat PROUSSA at Volos during fleet maneuvers with G. AVEROF at the distance.

SchlPr11

Hello,
Mistake: right of UJ 2107 on page HMA shows also not AVRA - she is Minenschiff BULGARIA in her last style with AA on the place of the formelly foremast.
REINHARD

Dido

Wello spotted Reinhard, it is indeed the Bulgaria!

Dido

An aerial reconnaissance photo taken in 1944 shows the area of Skaramangas Shipyards including four wrecks. I have identified the two ships as the tanker OLNA and the motor vessel MARATHON. The ship with the four or five cargo holds remains unknown to me (suggestions welcomed). The half submerged wreck that looks like capsized alongside the pier should be UJ.2108 which is described in documents of the Wreck Salvage Organization (OAN) as "next to the pier"

TD

Wracks von OLNA und MARATHON

Wann wurde die Aufnahme wohl gemacht ?

Liegen die Schiffe dort schon versenkt ?

Ist ja ein gewaltiger Unterschied zwischen MARATON ( 670 BRT ) und den ex britischen Tanker
( OLNA7073 BRT  ) .

Gruß

Theo
...ärgere dich nicht über deine Fehler und Schwächen, ohne sie wärst du zwar vollkommen, aber kein Mensch mehr !

Dido

Hello
The photo must have be taken after the 9.44 USAAF bombing. MARATHON (52.9x8.8 m) lies on her side and partly submerged so, she appears even smaller than she actually was. OLNA (131x17.4 m) remained more or less afloat while the unknown cargo ship (I estimate her at around 110 m long) appears flooded to me.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung