Pionier Landungsboot 43 ?

Begonnen von Arjan, 12 September 2015, 12:16:40

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Arjan

I wonder if these two photos of a German landing craft in Strib Danmark show one of the two prototypes of  Pilabo 43 ? According to the caption the photos were taken in 1943 but perhaps this is not correct? The two pics can be found here (just scroll down):

http://www.striib.dk/om%20strib%20under%20besaettelsen.htm

I only have one other photo of this vessel in my collection, are there any more photos ?

Arjan

t-geronimo

Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Arjan

Thanks Thorsten, I hadn't noticed that the pics were also on the HMA site. Years ago someone sent me some very interesting pics he had downloaded from ebay. I think these pics were from a Hochsee-Lehr-Kommando Album. One shows the same vessel, pity the quality of this copy is so bad :

I wonder if someone has a better copy of this photo? Some pics in the album were clearly taken in Antwerp but some probably in Danmark. Two of the pics show LWS 1071 in its later camo pattern but again the quality of the pics I have is very bad. Would anyone know who owns this album now? By the way, there is one good photo of a Pilabo 43 prototype in Kugler's "Landungswesen" (page 204).

Gruss,

Arjan

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung