question on german black sea fleet

Begonnen von zielschiffe, 02 September 2015, 03:27:43

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

zielschiffe

hello people, i read a russian source about the naval war in black sea during ww2, which states that a german auxiliary cruiser was among the axis forces by august 1944. i am sure all 10 german hsk were operating outside black sea, and the german minenschiff romania was sunk by apri, so which ship the ruasian sourse was talking about? could it be the  hilfssbootbegleitschiff lola, or another large auxiliary ship?

igor

I think it says about "romanian aux cruiser". DACHIA or ROMANIA, can't remember for sure.

zielschiffe

Actually not, it was described as German. The Romanian navy strength was also described in the same source: 4 destroyers, 3 torpedo boats, 3 subs, 5 river monitors etc. :MV:

igor

So it is just author's error. Germans never has any aux. cruiser om Black sea

zielschiffe

i totally agree, all ten german aux cruisers were outta black sea in ww2. but, i would be interested to know, which german ship was mistakenly identified as aux cruiser by the author? the closest thing was german minenschiff romania, former romanian aux. cruiser in ww1, but it was already sunk by mid 1944, so the author must have mistaken another large armed german ship in black sea for a aux. cruiaer. which one then? :?

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung