Italian midget submarines CD

Begonnen von de domenico, 22 August 2015, 17:31:14

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

de domenico

In 1942, Campini and De Bernardi prepared a blueprint of a one-man, 6-ton midget named CD. It seems that a prototype boat was built by Caproni at Taliedo or Rovereto and proposed  it to the Kriegsmarine , which tested it in Germany about Nov. 1943. Following the testing, the KM seems to have given to Caproni an order for 50 boats in Dec. 1943. One or two such boats were at Riva  del Garda in April 1945 and were scuttled in deep waters in the Gardasee.
Has anybody found any  documents in German archives about this order?

bettika61

Hi,
I find informations about a one man midget Sub from Caproni,
8t,6t , 11m Long, 2 Torpedos, max Speed underwater 21,7 kn
for the german navy
plans were also given to the japanese
and about sea Trials in Lake Garda with 2 experimental boats designed by CAMPINI
for the german Navy
by "famous pilot de Bernardo"
all informations from 1944
in ADM 223_607

Could it be the right?

Edit: 8t geändert in 6t nach Quellenvergleich
Grüße
Beate

,,Wer sich nicht an die Vergangenheit erinnern kann, ist dazu verdammt, sie zu wiederholen." George Santayana

de domenico

Thank you, Beate. Nothing from German sources  proper?

bettika61

Hello,
sorry, I have no other sources .
Zitatproposed  it to the Kriegsmarine , which tested it in Germany about Nov. 1943. Following the testing, the KM seems to have given to Caproni an order for 50 boats in Dec. 1943
On which source based your informations, the same as me, the japanese Naval attache ?
I could  not find the date "Dec. 1943"
Grüße
Beate

,,Wer sich nicht an die Vergangenheit erinnern kann, ist dazu verdammt, sie zu wiederholen." George Santayana

de domenico

My information comes  from documents  collected by   local archives at Rovereto, and currently under closer scrutiny.

bettika61

in this case, page 2 from japanese Naval attache ,
it fits together with your informations
Grüße
Beate

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung