Pictures of "HMS Seal" / "UB" - what source?

Begonnen von JensA, 20 April 2015, 14:57:36

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

JensA

Hello,

I found these German propaganda photos of HMS "Seal" / "UB" on a now deceased home page (cavillconnections.co.uk).

Can anybody here identify the original source (1940/41) of the pictures.

The picture "Ein englisches U-Boot fährt gegen England" seems to have been scanned from a book (in British English it would seem) which I haven't been able to identify using Google Books.

Does anybody here recognize the book?

Best regards
Jens

bettika61

Hallo Jens,
maybe the Pictures are  from Kriegsberichtserstatter Karl Eschenburg too ?
http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,2899.0/nowap.html

Grüsse
Beate
Grüße
Beate

,,Wer sich nicht an die Vergangenheit erinnern kann, ist dazu verdammt, sie zu wiederholen." George Santayana

JensA

Thanks, but it is hard to say.

The picture of the bell is probably from the exhibition "Sieg im Westen" in Leipzig or Wien.

And the picture of the boat is supposedly (but I guess it is hard to ascertain) from after it came into German service.

So, unless he was assigned to follow that specific vessel, I would suppose that it was another photographer.

Jens

bettika61

Hi Jens,
it was only an idea , now  i agree with you
ZitatAnd the picture of the boat is supposedly (but I guess it is hard to ascertain) from after it came into German service.
under  the first picture you can read "Kiel Harbour" and "July 31 1941"

Grüsse
Beate
Grüße
Beate

,,Wer sich nicht an die Vergangenheit erinnern kann, ist dazu verdammt, sie zu wiederholen." George Santayana

JensA

Yes, that is correct. It seems that the pictures is scanned from a printed, English book which I haven't been able to identify.
Date "July 31, 1941" was the of decommission of "UB".

Best regards
Jens

bettika61

Grüße
Beate

JensA

Hallo Beate,

The picture is not from that book.
I would think it is from some, more general book with data on all German submarines.

Best regards
Jens

JensA

Endlich habe ich die Queller einer der Bilder identifiziert!

"Die Wehrmacht" Nr. 6 1941, 12.3.1941

:-)Jens

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung