Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Axel Niestle

Hi,

the two U-boats are U 456 (inner boat) and U 376 alongside Adolf Lüderitz inside Semskefjord. Photos taken between arrival on 20 April 1942 and departure early on 29 April 1942. In the meantime the boats were under repair, using resources aboard Lüderitz.

Although not an S-Boat buff, I am following up the highly professional posts in this thread with great interest. Please keep on.

Axel Niestlé

alo41

Hi Axel,

Thanks for this very precise information. I had started to mak a chart showing when the diffrent boats were in Kirkenäs. I found 13 boats (might have missed one or two) so it became a litle bit too complicated.

I have two other photos showing U-Boote in Semskefjord. I think they are scanned from a wartime magazine (the color is by me).
There is more snow so I think is must be from ~Jan..March 1942. Are the boats known?

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Axel Niestle

Hi,

no, neithern known nor any chance for a positive ID owing to poor photo quality.

Best

Axel Niestlé

alo41

Ok, thanks Axel

Here is a diver at ~the same time based on the snow. He is diving from a Schnellboot that is laying next to Adolf Lüderits.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

It is Mothers day in Sweden today and got a new idea regarding an old post.  Link No 1343: https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php?topic=18105.1335

I think Lützow might have gotten a new child (maybe he had four already?) and the big medel could be a "Mutterkreuz".

Werner Lützow (24/5 1909- 25/10 1943) is on "ancestery" but I dont have any account. Can anyone see if he had any children?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

More 8 Sftl in Semskefjord winter (Jan-Feb 1942?).

1. Adolf Lüderitz in first snow camouflage (Painted in Kirkenäs?) Note the small passenger ship. Name?
2. Adolf Lüderitz with white Schnellboote. Hilfbegleitschiff Hernösand in the back ground.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I found that I have a lot more Hilfbegleitschiff Hernösund photos from a diffrent photo album.

1. Hernösand
2. Uboote (in Semskefjord?). I think it is U 454 to the right based on the Wappen.
3. U 454 signe. Leaving Kirkenes 23 April 1942.
4-6. Uboot with ice on the gun and tower. The ship is not Hernösand.

Can anyone say the other Uboot numbers?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

1. The "fish" Schnellboot. It is probably one of S 44 or S 45. The photo is taken from Hernösand in June 1942. Three 6 Sftl white boats and two black 8 Sftl (S 46 + "fish")
2. S 46. The photo is taken from Hernösand
3. 8 SFtl in May/June. Note the "fish" boat and also S 42 with a white square left around the sea eagle Wappen.
4. S 42 in the Baltic 1941 with the sea Eagle Wappen.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Photos of Priebe and his "Leitende" 0n S 46.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Pribe and an unknown Oblt on S 46. They are picking up Luftwaffe soliders. Must be May 1942 based on the snow. They all have moustaches and small beards.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I have worked on a 6 SFtl album. It starts in Helsingör in 1941.

1. Begleitschiff Tanga with a carton on the chimeny. "The Gr(a)undfleet"

2. Christmas 1941. I think the commander is Nitsche.

alo41

Hi,

There is two photos of a typ S 18 boat with a mast. It is training torpedo attack on another ship (not an S-Boot).

I think it could be S 18 training with Tanga or Estonia outside Rügen.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 14 Juni 2023, 00:40:26with a carton on the chimeny. "The Gr(a)undfleet"
Ich bitte um Nachsicht für eine kleine Korrektur  "a cartoon on the funnel"
Das Bild ist eine Karikatur mit Doppeldeutigkeiten:
Aus der "Grand Fleet" (1914-1918) ist eine "Grundfleet", d.h. eine Flotte auf dem Meeresgrund geworden.
Die rote Tonne trägt die Aufschrift WC. Das kann für "Toilette", aber auch für "Winston Churchill" stehen.

Zitat von: alo41 am 15 Juni 2023, 07:10:23typ S 18 boat with a mast. It is training torpedo attack on another ship (not an S-Boot)
Das Boot hat den Doppelstander "Z" gesetzt, das schon in der Kaiserlichen Marine verwandte Angriffssignal der Torpedoboote

Einmal mehr ein großes DANKE für das Einstellen der Bilder :MG:  top

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Thank you Urs,

Next is a typ S 18 boat without mast. It must be one of S 18, S 19, S 22 or S 24 in 6 SFlt. Difficult to see who the commander is. The crew is wearing captured French winter jackets (based on Canadian Jeep coats?). The jackets and the fur caps all look brand new. They are typical for 6 SFtl in 1942.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

More from the 6 Sftl album. Four boats, one typ S 38 and one typ S 18. It must be in Holland Belgium or Norway in Jan-April 1942. The typs S 38 boat is probably one of S 69 or S 71 (or S 73, S 74). The typ S 18 could be one of S 19, S 22 or S 24. The commander (?) is also wearing the captured french jackets with a fur collar. It looks like there were both brown and green versions.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung