Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 21 März 2023, 22:28:52
Ja, das paßt sehr gut. Bleibt #3 ... ist er älter als Günther und Jürgensmeyer ?

Hi Urs,

I have tried to find a candidate in HMA. It looks to me as it is mostly Crew IV/37 that are still Obltn and are old enough to have the DKiG in mid March 1944.
I have only found Günther Schulz that is both Obltn and has the DKiG at this date. He was commander on S 152 but the boat was at a ship wharf in Venice at the time.
Difficult to say if the photos match. The mouth looks the same. Link: https://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/s_boote/lebenslauf_kommandant.php?where_value=188

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 22 März 2023, 16:35:05
Difficult to say if the photos match.
Ja; der Kopf des Gefragten scheint mir irgendwie breiter zu sein.
Von Kopf- und Gesichtsform her könnte es auch Howaldt sein (damals in Swinemünde)

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, Viktor Howaldt might be a better match. He looks very different depending on the light. The ears are the best indication that it might be him. I think it is, 75 % sure.

/Alo

alo41

Zitat von: Arjan am 22 März 2023, 08:12:46

Well-done Ola ! I knew this pic wasn't taken in Holland. Perhaps the name "Hogland" or "Hochland" was written on the photo in question. This name is mentioned in the Lebenslauf of S 67 :

Hi Arjan.

Yes it could be a misread "Högland". Most of the photos from the seller could be grouped into four series.

1. Jürgensmeyer photos from 1938 -March 1944
2. PK photos, mainly from S 28 1941/42
3. The 5 Sftl in Helsinki and Dagerö July-Sep 1944
4. S 135 with 2 S-SchulFtl at a wharf 1944/45

I am not sure if they are connected or just different parts of a collection.

Some of the Jürgensmeyer photos looks like they are from a larger ship. Could it be Z 4 in Sep 1941? He is Obltn. His life jacket is marked "..ndt" Kommendant?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 23 März 2023, 11:36:05
4. S 135 with 2 S-SchulFtl at a wharf 1944/45
Meinst Du dieses Bild beschädigtes Schnellboot ?

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi,

Yes, it is the photos with rounded corners.

It is S 135 with the "H S" marking for Hans-Jürgen Schwepcke. She also has the Stettin Wappen for 2 S-SchulFtl.

It looks like she is in a ship wharf with other Schnellboote around it. Danziger Waggonfabrik?

Other photos in the serie shows Tsingtau and Kiel?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 23 März 2023, 20:28:43
It looks like she is in a ship wharf with other Schnellboote around it. Danziger Waggonfabrik?
Vermutlich ja, ab 11.12.1944 bis x.x.1945

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

There was also a photo in the Eabay batch showing 3 boats and a bunker. One of the boats is a typ S 38b with Kalotte and a Bofors gun.
I think the bunker is a part of a lock. KW-kanal at Holtenau? Do anyone know? Is it 5 Sftl going west in 1945?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 23 März 2023, 21:54:33
Is it 5 Sftl going west in 1945?
Ja 
11.- 12.01.1945  Verlegen (S 48, S 67, S 85, S 92, S 98, S 127) von Wilhelmshaven nach Den Helder

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

I think I found it (90% sure). It is Holtenau but the boats are going east to Kiel. I am not sure if this photo is related to the 5 SFtl or the 2 S-SchulFtl photos.
There is a hart on the gun shield. I think I have seen it some where else. Anyone?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 24 März 2023, 13:22:14
It is Holtenau but the boats are going east to Kiel. I am not sure if this photo is related to the 5 SFtl or the 2 S-SchulFtl photos. There is a hart on the gun shield. I think I have seen it some where else.
Möglichkeit :
06./07.02.1944 - Verlegen 6. S-Fltl (S 39, S 76, S 79, S 90, S 91, S 97, S 114, S 132) von Ijmuiden nach Kiel

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Zitat von: alo41 am 23 März 2023, 20:28:43

It is S 135 with the "H S" marking for Hans-Jürgen Schwepcke. She also has the Stettin Wappen for 2 S-SchulFtl.

I found another photo showing the 2 S-SchulFtl boats in the wharf. It is S 77 with marking J W for Ltn J... Wildner.
It is also S 77 on the Ebay photos showing the front of a boat and not S 135. (S 135 HS can be seen in the back ground). My post #1730
The boat is being lifted by a floating crane. Is there a Zerstörer in the background?

S 77 and S 135 at a wharf would fit very well with Danziger Waggonfabrik in Dec 1944. It is only the surroundings that looks to rural. Danziger Waggonfabrik was next to the Schichau Werft in a very industrial part of Danzig. Link Schichau: https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,26325.msg297660.html#msg297660

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 März 2023, 19:12:46
I found another photo showing the 2 S-SchulFtl boats in the wharf. It is S 77 with marking J W for Ltn J... Wildner. 
Tolles Foto; danke noch einmal :MG: top fürs Einstellen

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 März 2023, 19:12:46
It is also S 77 on the Ebay photos showing the front of a boat and not S 135. (S 135 HS can be seen in the back ground). My post #1730
Da sind im Hintergrund links und rechts je ein Schnellboot zu sehen

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

There are two 1 S-Schulftl photos on Ebay. One is showing the Flottille in a small harbor. The boats are marked F, L, D, E, G, K, R and H. It is the same boats that went to Oslo in March 1944. I suspect the photo is from the Oslofjord, Son or Hortens (or Denmark?)? I have not found it. Anyone?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

My best candidate is now Larvik.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung