Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

I dont understand where/how this railing is attached to a ship. On the side sticking out or is it the front tip?

Is it something similar that the photographer is standing on the "Kiel ice" photo that I posted above?

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

ich halte es für eine ganz "normale" Bugreling mit an Deck stehenden Pfosten

Könnte das große Schiff eines der vier der "Albert Ballin"-Klasse sein ?

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Zitat von: alo41 am 09 Dezember 2020, 19:25:48
There are photos from a Hotel Astoria. It could be from Rotterdam or some other training place after the 14 S.St.A. I have not managed to find it. Looks like it is by a park, early spring, they have probably been there for many days based on the photos over the beds.

I found a group from 8 SFtl that stayed at the Astoria hotel as well. It is probebly from late spring 1944. (or it is a mixed album made by the seller...)
There is no text so I still dont know in what city it is. It must be in Holland close to Ijmuidin or Rotterdam. Where were 6 and 8 Sftl housed in Holland?

The "Christmas photo" is from Astoria as well.

/Alo

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 09 Dezember 2020, 22:26:35

Könnte das große Schiff eines der vier der "Albert Ballin"-Klasse sein ?

I think I found the big ship and it is a liner.: New York in Kiel Wik

I am not sure if it is New York to the left on the other photo?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 11 Dezember 2020, 00:21:27
I am not sure if it is New York to the left on the other photo?
Ich glaube, ja. Das ist das Bild, das mich auf die Spur brachte.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Yes, I see it now, it is also New York. It is only the angel that makes the front part look short.

There are two photos of here in a S 103/S 108 album.

First with the white paint in Kiel Wik 25 May-2 June 1941 (HMA). The ship with the railing is to the right. Name?

Later (after Aug 1941) she is painted black/grey. Did they hit her with S 103?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 11 Dezember 2020, 10:54:11
First with the white paint in Kiel Wik 25 May-2 June 1941 (HMA).
In dieser Woche erhielten die Boote den Tarnanstrich bei den "Deutschen Werken Kiel"

Über eine Kollision Boot/Schiff habe ich nichts finden können.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 11 Dezember 2020, 11:53:16
In dieser Woche erhielten die Boote den Tarnanstrich bei den "Deutschen Werken Kiel"

Yes, I think we see the boats after they are finished with the new Baltic camoflage and the sheet metall covering the torpedo tubes. It is then 2 or 3 June before they leave Kiel.

The ship in the back ground to the right in the harbour is SMS Berlin. I found a photo of her with S 102. Probebly taken at the same time as above. The "strange" railing from the typ S 18 photo is just above Töniges head.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 11 Dezember 2020, 12:39:09
just above Töniges head.
Der Leutnant neben ihm könnte Künzel sein, derzeit der einzige Leutnant z.S. als Kommandant

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 11 Dezember 2020, 12:50:09
Der Leutnant neben ihm könnte Künzel sein, derzeit der einzige Leutnant z.S. als Kommandant

Yes, it would fit S 103

Back to the S 113 album. The crew had Christmas in Kiel, Schnebel had left (to prepare S 113?) and the ice forced S 20 to relocate to WHV.

The S 20 was handed over to 5 SFtl  on 30 Jan 1942. The crew recived the training boat S 11 from 5 SFtl on 16 Feb 1942. All boats were frozen in untill April. The crew probebly never used S 11 for training at sea.

We can see S 10/S 13 and S 11 to the right in the ice.

/Alo

alo41

The crew with Schnebel went to pick up the new S 113 at the Schlichting wharf on 14 March 1942. The boat would remain there in the ice until they could go to Kiel on 11 April.

Photo one and two: They have moved the flag pole becouse of the work tent still in place
Note the Army and Luftwaffe officers to the left on the last photo. See also the raw material for new Schnellboote in the back ground.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,
wieder einmal Danke für's Teilen der Bilder :MG: top

Zitat von: alo41 am 12 Dezember 2020, 11:43:33
Note the Army and Luftwaffe officers to the left on the last photo.
Ich halte den Mann mit den Stiefeln für einen Marineoffizier oder -verwaltungsbeamten

Gruß, Urs

M-54842

Aufgrund der hervorstechenden Silberkordel an der Mütze ein Marinebeamter.

alo41

Yes, they are probebly both Kriegsmarine personel.

S 113 goes to Norway

Photo 1. Looks to me as Travemünde without ice. Could be S 113 and S 112 on 23 April 1942 when S 113 left for Norway.
Photo 2. I think this is Bergen. It is S 113. If so it is 25-28 April. Still no camouflage on S 113.
Photo 3. This is Svolvaer and S 113 is probely the white boat to the right.
Photo 4. Svolvare now
Photo 5. Wharf in Trondheim with camouflage. 22 May-12 Aug 1942 (must have been a nice summer for the crew).

/Alo

PS

ZitatPhoto 2. I think this is Bergen
Yes, its Bergen
regards
PS

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung