Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Urs Heßling

moin

Zitat von: alo41 am 02 Dezember 2020, 14:07:13
I have some photos from a Lt Schnebell crew album. Any ideas anyone?
His name is Schnebel

It shows (probably) the boats S 20, S 11, S 113, S 95 and S 97. 
paßt perfekt :O/Y

It would fit well with S 113 and S 69 stopping at Borkum 22-24 Aug 1942 (24 was a Sunday), but there is no canal. Ems?
Das ist meiner Meinung nach der Kaiser-Wilhelm (Nord-Ostsee-) Kanal
Transit S 113 am 22.4.1942, mit 14 Stunden weit länger als andere Schnellboote
Zusammen mit dem Boot einer anderen Flottille ?

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 02 Dezember 2020, 14:48:47
Das ist meiner Meinung nach der Kaiser-Wilhelm (Nord-Ostsee-) Kanal
Transit S 113 am 22.4.1942, mit 14 Stunden weit länger als andere Schnellboote
Zusammen mit dem Boot einer anderen Flottille ?
Hi
I spent some time on this and yes it is KW kanal. Fähre at Sehestedt.
I also saw a detail on the boats. The gun tube on the front hatch. S 113 did not have it, so it is not S 113 as I thought.

I know think it is S 124 and S 134 on the way to Spain in July 1943.
The boats were handed over in Bordeaux on 31 July. I think S 97 crew was on one of the boats. It would explain why S 97 was in Kiel 14 July to 4 Aug without data.
It fits better with the time line in the album and it is full summer. There are some other albums supporting it as well.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Dezember 2020, 08:07:27
I know think it is S 124 and S 134 on the way to Spain in July 1943.
The boats were handed over in Bordeaux on 31 July. I think S 97 crew was on one of the boats. It would explain why S 97 was in Kiel 14 July to 4 Aug without data.
It fits better with the time line in the album and it is full summer. There are some other albums supporting it as well.
sehr gute Analyse :MG: top

Nur ein Einwand: ich meine, daß die Boote von Besatzungen der 9. S-Fltl gefahren wurden.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi

I dont think 9 Sftl ever got the boats. I have some more on that later.

I have a book on Spaniards in the Kriegsmarine. Need to get parts of it translated.

My last Spain photo. I cant read the last bit. Anyone?

Swinemünde in Sommer 1943, Spanier in das ...????

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Dezember 2020, 15:13:43
I dont think 9 Sftl ever got the boats.
Aber ja. :O/Y Quelle KTB FdS

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Great to see the originals!

Lets see if I understod it correctly.

Yes, I agree the 9 Sftl used S 124 and S 134 for training probebly untill~27 July when they were sent to Spain.
The boats didnt belong to 9 Sftl. They belonged to SSchulFtl. It was also the SSchulFtl that picked the boats up at the Schlichting werft.

I dont think it was the 9 SFtl training crews that delivered the boats to Bordeaux. I think they only wanted to send fully trained crews to the channel. Schnebel and the S 97 crew could do it if S 97 was aKB. The only proof is that it would fit the photo album.

A photos from an album showing S 124 being picked up by SSchulFtl (Opdenhoff and his II Flo. Ing Regetmeyer). Why is says 1 Aug. I dont understand.

Did the 9 Sftl get new training boats from SSchulFtl in August?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Dezember 2020, 16:39:17
The boats didnt belong to 9 Sftl. They belonged to SSchulFtl. It was also the SSchulFtl that picked the boats up at the Schlichting werft. 
Ich lese das anders. Die Schul-Fltl stellte der 9. S-Fltl die Boote S 24, S 101 und S 113 als zusätzliche Schulboote zur Verfügung.
Die neuen Boote gehörten zur 9. S-Fltl und mußten (zähneknirschend) abgegeben werden.
Und S 134 war ein Lürssen-Boot.

A photos from an album showing S 124 being picked up by SSchulFtl (Opdenhoff and his II Flo. Ing Regetmeyer). Why is says 1 Aug. I dont understand.
Die Boote verlegten in der 2. Augusthälfte von Deutschland über Boulogne (Bombenangriff am 21.8.) nach Bordeaux, Eintreffen am 22.8.

Did the 9 Sftl get new training boats from SSchulFtl in August?
Ja, S 82 und S 128, S 101 und S 113 blieben weiter da.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

A very clear answer.
The 9 Sftl took four boats to Bordeaux second half of August. It was the second batch (S 73, S 78, S 125 and S 126).
9 Sftl could then very well have taken the first batch (S 124 and S 134) there too in late July.

I guess the 9 SFtl were training four german crews and four spanish in June/July. They would then only need four boats after the spaniards had left. I assume it was a 100 % german crew that took the boats to Bourdeaux.

I still feel the boats were under SSchulFtl the way the documents are written. It is done in the same way as "Komendanten werend...." for all the SchulFtl boats.

Is there a way to see if Schnebel was with S 97 or on a mission to Bordeaux on 1 Aug 1943? I am sure he was organized to S 97 the whole time.

Thanks for all the information
Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Dezember 2020, 22:58:34
I still feel the boats were under SSchulFtl the way the documents are written. It is done in the same way as "Komendanten werend...." for all the SchulFtl boats.
Aber das war auch für alle anderen S-Flottillen so, bevor sie in den Einsatz gingen.
Siehe KTB FdS vom Juni 1942.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Yes, I think the important thing is that Mirbach and the 9 SFtl were directly part of the transfer.

I did try to read parts of the spanish book (I do not know any Spanish).

It says (i think) that the Spaniards were organized under Opdenhoff (with or without boats?) and were training with Mirbach (clearly handeling the boats). There were 30 Spaniards in traing. The 9 SFtl had the officers Röder, Beck, Schirren and Rabe. The transfer of the boats was operation "BÄR", decidede on May 21. The spanish LT numbers looks confusing.

I will need to get the book translated. Any tips on how to do it best?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 05 Dezember 2020, 12:31:50
The 9 SFtl had the officers Röder, Beck, Schirren and Rabe.
Ja, später (Oktober 1943) Roeder -> S 146, Beck -> S 144, Schirren -> S 145, Rabe -> S 130

Gruß, Urs

Ede Kowalski

Hallo Alo,
wieviel Seiten hat das Buch? Mein Sohn spricht fast fliessend spanisch. Ich könnte ihn mal fragen.
Gruß Ralf

alo41

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the offer.
The book is 300 pages so it is to much to ask anyone to do it by hand. I will try to scann it into pdf and then use google translate or some thing.

Thanks again
Alo

alo41

Hi,

Back to Schnebel and S 113.
He had a Wappen painted on the front. It could be a flower or a Kleeblatt. Could a flower be an English word play on his name. Schnebel / Sneeglocke? Does it make any sence in German?

I also think S 113 had a yellow nose. Note how they have taken the dogers and covered the front when the boat is in the dock. (photo 2). It is difficult to find information on this. Anyone?

Photo 1 Flower
Photo 2 S 113 in a dock in Trondheim 1 June-8 Aug. 1942 (HMA). Flower or Kleeblatt on the front?
Photo 3 Yellow nose?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

tolle Photos :TU:)

Gruß, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung