Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Arjan

I've found another image of the same boat in the IWM collection. I thought the pics were taken at Valletta but according to the IWM caption the location was Ancona.

Arjan

t-geronimo

Please be careful with IWM photos and copyright.
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Arjan

Hi Thorsten,

As far as I know one can freely use most IWM pics under the non commercial licence agreements. As long as you mention the source, display the IWM watermark and don't alter the photo. My only "offence" is that I removed the Swastika from the flag ......

https://www.iwm.org.uk/corporate/policies/non-commercial-licence

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Zitat von: Arjan am 22 November 2020, 13:36:51
Which S-Boot type would be shown in these two pics (if that is possible to tell).

The top photo shows FDS Pedrersen and Büchting. Moste probebly in the Black sea when Büchting was comander of 1 SFtl (Sep. 1943...). The boat is a typ S 38. Büchting was commander on S 27 and S 51.

Seconde photo probebly shows S 39 in Ostende 1942. There are some more photos in this serie. Anyone know more?

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Bild 7694 zeigt den Kreuzer Nürnberg vor dem Marineehrenmal Laboe.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Good, I did no know that.

Nürnberg had a baltic camouflage at least till Sep 1941 and left for Norway in Nov 1942 (then in the camouflage on the photo).

S 39 was back in Kiel 5 Oct 1941 (from Finland) and left 1 Dec. 1941. The photo is probebly from that time.

Than you
Alo

The second photo is from Ijmudin. The first shows Ostende with work going on the bunker.

Arjan

Thank a lot for identifying the two Schnellboote ! This seems to prove this particular Zielsäule was indeed used on at least some Typ S-38 Boote. I'm glad I can simply use the Italeri kit parts  :O/Y.

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 November 2020, 15:58:26
Nürnberg had a baltic camouflage at least till Sep 1941 and left for Norway in Nov 1942 (then in the camouflage on the photo).

Hi,
I found a photo of Nürnberg in the baltic camouflage. June 1941? It is S 103 in the forground. Kiel or Swienmünde?

/Alo

alo41

One more photo from the assumed S 39 serie showing S 30 close to land.

I think it is from the same time as the Nürnberg photo (SIMG7694), ~1 Dec. 1941. S 30 was going from Wilhelmshaven to Kiel in the beginning of Dec 1941. (No exact date in HMA)

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 27 November 2020, 15:58:52
S 30 was going from Wilhelmshaven to Kiel in the beginning of Dec 1941. (No exact date in HMA)
Das ist leider wahr :cry:
Es fehlt die Erwähnung im KTB, da das Boot an die Kriegsmarinewerft abgegeben war.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Urs Heßling

moin,

Angeblich (Foto-Unterschriften) hatte dasSchnellboot S 13 im Jahr 1939 vor Kriegsbeginn zwei Kollisionen
- im März mit dem Kreuzer Königsberg
und/oder
im Juni mit dem Vermessungsschiff (Zielschiff ?) Meteor

Wer kann dazu etwas sagen / bestätigen (über die Fotos hinaus) ?

gruß, Urs

alo41

The S-Boote book gives the Meteor damage on June 14 1939. Right front smashed on S 13. Towed to Kiel for repair.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 28 November 2020, 21:40:38
The S-Boote book gives the Meteor damage on June 14 1939.
Ja, JPDL = Jean-Philippe Dallies-Labourdette  :roll:
Aber der hat derart viele Fehler in seinen Bildunterschriften, daß ich kurz davor bin, wie für Hümmelchen eine Fehlerliste zu schreiben ...
Er sieht Boote in Lorient, wo sie nie waren (S. 46),
er erfindet Boote, die es nicht gab (S 159, S 166, Seite 78)
und er kann Boote vom Typ S 18 nicht von S 26 und Typ S 30 nicht von S 38 unterscheiden
:MS: flop

Gruß, Urs

s142

Ahoi

Urs...der sitzt   top top

MfG
Chris

alo41

Yes, JPDL has great photos and horribel text.

Paterson writes in Schnellboote the same thing about S 13 / Meteor. He also have a photo claimed to be S 13 crached into S 1 in Sep 10 1940. Looks more like peace training in Kiel to me.

Photo 1: There could be a mix up with S 10 and Kreuzer Köningsberg, Winter, year?, date?

or

Photo 2: S 12, no other information.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung