Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi,

My posted photo came out qute small. I have added a larger.

The first four boats to the right are probebly 10 S-Ftl. Then comes a Kalotte boat and a typ S 38 that is defentive 3 S-SchulFtl. We know from the second surender of the Kurland boat that the Flottillen were suposed to be together.

The seconde gun looks like it has only two barrels (or maybe they are covered by something). There are many examples when all barrels were not in place.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

hi,

A good candidate for one typ S 38b Vierling boat. It could be S 68. I have attached on photo where S 68 has a none standard gun guard rail and two 2 cm amunition cabinets. She was also armed with a MG 15 Zwilling.

We can see the same arment and 2 cm cabinets on the KB Krönke photo (probebly spring 1944). It could be the same boat but it has a third 2 cm amunition cabinet and some strange none standard ventilators that are not sean on S 68.

/Alo

s142

Hi Alo

Das letzte Foto: Super interessant ! Schiff1 : Stahlhelmhalterungen an Munitionskisten habe ich noch nicht gesehen. Ja. scheint ein Austausch von einer 3,7 cm Flak auf einen Vierling zu sein.(Schiff2)
Warum eine zweiter Kompass ( Vielleicht Austausch)  Ein Reservekompass befand sich ja noch im Heckbereich. Hast du raus bekommen was in den 2 kleinen roten Kreisen das für Bauteile sind ?

MfG
Chris

alo41

Hi Chris,

I think that a second large compass was added to the boats that were retrofitted with larger guns, typicly 4 cm Bofors. The moving gun could probebly disturbe the kompass if it was to close to the big moving gun. Later the Patin compass system was introduced as discussed here: Link  http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,13820.msg243181.html#msg243181

I think the ventilators inside the red rings could be a wind driven type. See a modern in the attached photo.
They could also just be covered with cloth for some reason.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I now think that the normal ventilators have only been covered with a sack after seaing this photo.

I added som more helmets to a amunition box on S 124

/Alo

alo41

Hi

There was a photo album on eBay showing S-Boote. One photo was marked S 110 1943. There was one photo showing a damaged boat. Could it be possibel to ID it based on the damage?

Link: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/264262/40432626

What does the text say?   "Pech gehabt"???

I have some ideas but I want to see what others think.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 25 November 2015, 23:25:32
What does the text say?   "Pech gehabt"???
Ja, das lese ich auch.

- Im Hintergrund ein S 26 / S 38-Typ-Boot, was auf einen Zeitraum bis Frühjahr 1943 deutet.
- Der Schaden sieht eher nach einer Kollision als nach einem Minentreffer aus, der Text würde dazu passen.
Da gibt's dann mehrere Kandidaten  :wink:

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

I think the boat is back on the warf for repaire. It does not look like Schlichting so it is probebly Lürssen.
I get the feeling that it has had a left torpedo exploding.
It looks like it has an early front 2 cm gun rail.

Any sugestions?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 25 November 2015, 23:50:38
I get the feeling that it has had a left torpedo exploding.
Tja, da sind wir dann unterschiedlicher Meinung.
Für mich sieht es nicht nach einem Detonationsschaden (mit "Ausbeulungen" und "Rissen") aus.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

I can agree with what you are saying.
Could it be that they have already cleand up the damage and cut away lose plates at the warf? I have posted a photo (not from the eBay group) with a boat that has been damaged in the same possition (or is it the same boat before cleaning?). Do you think this looks like a torpedo explotion of the pressure vessel (not the war head)?

There was also another photo showing damage in the same eBay auction. I can not read the text "...auf Boot". The damage is marked with an "X" on the photo (or is it something else?). I suspect it could be S 110 that has been upguned.

Link: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/264262/40432628

/Alo

s142

Hi Alo und Urs

Ich denke eine Explosion der Torpedokopfes scheidet aus.

Ich arbeite mit Pressluft und Hydraulik.  Wie hoch ist der Druck und das Volumen um einTorpedo aus dem Rohr abzuschiessen? Ich glaube nicht das die grossen Schäden von der Pressluft kommen.

MfG
Chris

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 November 2015, 19:25:37
I have posted a photo (not from the eBay group) with a boat that has been damaged in the same possition (or is it the same boat before cleaning?). Do you think this looks like a torpedo explotion of the pressure vessel (not the war head)?
Das Bild hatten wir schon einmal bei "Atlantik-Pirat". Ich meine mich zu erinnern, daß es S 109 nach Beschädigung durch Minentreffer im Januar 1943 zeigt.

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 November 2015, 19:25:37
There was also another photo showing damage in the same eBay auction. I can not read the text "...auf Boot". The damage is marked with an "X" on the photo (or is it something else?). I suspect it could be S 110 that has been upguned.
Link: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/264262/40432628
Ich kann bei dem "X" keinen Schaden (außer einer etwas eingedrückten Reling) erkennen.

Gruß, Urs

s142

Ahoi

ich sehe auf Alos  Bilder schon wieder 2 Kompassanlagen. Wurde das standard ?

Die Kalotten wurden ja Nachgerüstet... baue gerade an meinem Modell.
Die seitlichen " Ausnehmungen" ( Radien)  waren wohl auch zum Teil eckig...??

MfG
Chris

alo41

Hi Chris,

The airtank in the torpedo is there for the combustion that is running the torpedo. The air to launch the torpedo is small compared to that.

The volume is 676 l at 200 bar, I think that could destroy most things. Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G7a_torpedo

Kompass: See my post No. 753, this page.

Urs,

The S 109 looks diffrent. See attchment.
I think one of the photos can show S 110 after the collision with S 120 on 3 Nov. 1943. Could any one read the text on the "X" boat.

/Alo

s142

Ahoi

Interessant auch das Bild... im Hintergrund .. wohl ein Ersatzanker...an der Kalotte befestigt und der Halter  für die " Antennenhalter"...

MfG
Chris

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung