Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling link=topic=18105.msg236347#msg236347 date=1390754057

quote author=alo41 link=topic=18105.msg236341#msg236341 date=1390751550]
The other officers names?
Bei Herrn "686" tippe ich auf Siegfried Wuppermann.
[/quote]

Urs,

I think you are right. :-)

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Back to the 3 S-Ftl. They relocated from Memel to Libau with the Begleitschiff Adolf Lüderitz and S 55, S 54, S 57, S 45 and S 58 on 4th July. They then went for mine laying during the night.

The next action was in suport of the MRS 11 in the bay of Riga. MRS 11 amd M 31 were attacked by Sovjet destroyers on the 6th July. The action was over when the Schnellboote arrived (S 55, S 54, S 45, S 58 and S 61 (S 57 had to turne back). They spent the night with the MRS 11 and then entered Riga.

There are propaganda photos of Pinassen by PK Peter and PK Lehman. I supose they are from MRS 11 or were there more ships like that in the Baltic? There is also a film that shows a mix of S-Boote (type S 30) and R-Boote in the bay of Riga. Link (4:30-4:55 min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CDMyd_JTVY

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I went back to the 1 S-Ftl action on 13 Aug. 1941.

Zitat von: alo41 am 28 Januar 2014, 20:29:47

Yes, it is a very nice document. I supose that it was sent from the 1 S-Bootflottille to the HQ?
The same action is described in Hümmelchen (page 53) on only 5 rows! There it is said that Minesweeper No. 41 (140 t) and the tug Lenvodpud 12 were sunk. I have not tryed to find it in Russian sources yet.

The only boat sunk was the minesweeper "No.41" (140 ton), crew 31. She was built as a civilan tug with the name "Lenvodput-12". She was taken over by the navy for the war with Finland and was renamed "No.101". She then went back to civilan use and was then called up again for the war with Germany. She was then first named "No.93" and then finaly "No.41" befor she was sunk on 13 Aug 1941.
There was then another "TIH-41" minsweeper that was sunk by Finish MTBs.
The many names have created a lot of confusion in the erfolglists.  Link: http://sovnavy-ww2.ho.ua/index.html

/Alo

alo41

Back to the 3 S-Ftl.

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 Januar 2014, 22:40:25
There is also a film that shows a mix of S-Boote (type S 30) and R-Boote in the bay of Riga. Link (4:30-4:55 min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CDMyd_JTVY

I looked at the Riga part in detail and I now think that it shows the sinking of the icebreaker Lacplesis on the 22 July. Reymann write that it was a totaly calm day. Lacplesis started to burn in the aft. Steam and smoke were mixed over the boat. The crew left on a raft. I think this is what we see on the film (or is the "raft" the russian MTB TKA 71?).

Lacplesis and TKA 71 were attacked by S 55, S 54, S 58 and S 29.

/Alo

TD

Hallo Alo,

wunderbar was Du uns hier zum S-Boot Krieg  an Infos und Fotos bringst.

Vor vielen Jahren habe ich das Thema  Lacplesis bereits mit vielen lettischen bzw. man muss schreiben ehemals lettischen Seeleuten und Offizieren untersucht.
(Lavian History Maritime Archives )

Anbei mein ca. 1984 für das Schiffahrtsmuseum erstellter Lebenslauf.

Man muss nur abwarte ob nun aus dem Osten noch Ergänzungen zum Verbleib kommen.

Gruß

Theo

...ärgere dich nicht über deine Fehler und Schwächen, ohne sie wärst du zwar vollkommen, aber kein Mensch mehr !

alo41

Great stuff Theo,

The boats should then be S 57, S 54, S 58, S 29. Kemnad only wrote Führerboot and I assumed it was S 55 as before.

Intresting Swedish connection.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 31 Januar 2014, 13:45:55
The boats should then be S 57, S 54, S 58, S 29. Kemnad only wrote Führerboot and I assumed it was S 55 as before.
Eine einzige widersprechende Quelle ist noch kein Anlaß für Datenänderung.
Dafür habe ich zu viele "Abschreibfehler" gesehen.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

The next action was in suport of the MRS 11 in the bay of Riga. MRS 11 amd M 31 were attacked by Sovjet destroyers on the 6th July. The action was over when the Schnellboote arrived (S 55, S 54, S 45, S 58 and S 61 (S 57 had to turne back). They spent the night with the MRS 11 and then entered Riga.

There are propaganda photos of Pinassen by PK Peter and PK Lehman. I supose they are from MRS 11 or were there more ships like that in the Baltic?

Hi,

There is one more photo that might be from MRS 11. I think it can show S 55 alongside MRS 11 on 6 July.
There is also a photo from PK Lehman (Riga 1) that shows 4 Schnellboote in Riga. It could have been taken from MRS 11 on 7 July. PK Lehman was then probebly stationed on MRS 11.

Is there detailed photos of MRS 11? How long was MRS 11 in Riga?

Riga 1: The first boat to the left is the same as in the Youtube film and is also in Sassnits. The last boat to the right is the "Lobster" boat.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The ship in the background on the Riga photo is Mosel I. She did not get to Riga untill 17 July. The four boats must then be S 54, S 55, S 57, S 58, S 59 or S 60.

The Youtube boat has a sea animal marking. Witch one?
The lobester (Krebs) boat is one of the four. It is then not S 35 as said in many books.
One boat has a uniqe wavy camoflage.

The Youtube film is from the Wochenschau No. 577. It was shown from 24 Sep. The 3 S-Ftl had then already left the eastern Baltic.  Link (7:13-8:55 min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBv0-opTpOY

/Alo

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 02 Februar 2014, 13:08:40
The Youtube boat has a sea animal marking. Witch one?
Ich halte es für "Seelöwe" (sealion).

Das Boot vorne links im Riga-Bild führt den Zahlenwimpel "8" (im "Krebs"-Kreis links unten).
Ich nehme an (d.h. ich weiß es nicht) daß dieser das "Wachboot" bezeichnet.

MRS 11 amd M 31 were attacked by Sovjet destroyers on the 6th July.
Das waren - gemäß Chronik - die zwei Zerstörer Serdity und Silny.

Gruß, Urs

"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, it could be the sea lion. There is not many known photos were it is possible to see the marking.

I think PK Reymann left the 3 S-Ftl after the 27 July. His book ends with the description of the battle between S 54 and a destroyer on that date. I think he was replaced by Pk Hirche. We have already sean his photo of the captured TKA 47 in Libau.

He has a photo of four commanders in Riga making a report. Do anyone know them? The ship in the background is not Mosel I. Can it be the tanker Oleum that arrived in Riga with Mosel I?

There is also a photo that is probebly Mosel I in Riga.

A photo showing a crocodile? S 54? It is not one of the four boats.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 Januar 2014, 16:52:30
I have added the last PK Reymann photos that I know of. [683]
Is it Kptlt. Kemnade as Flottille commander?
Da gibt es die nächste Frage:
Der Mann links im Bild hat den Rang Kapitänleutnant (2 1/2 Ärmelstreifen oder doch 3 = KKpt?).
Der Mann rechts im Bild hat ebenfalls den Rang "Kapitänleutnant" (siehe Schulterstücke mit 2*).
Kemnade hatte aber in der 3. SFltl keinen Kommandanten, der schon KptLt war ...

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

I do not think that the photo is from a Schnellboot. I think the main compss was used for peiling there.
See still from the youtube film. PK Reymann's other photos are all from the 3 S-Ftl.

One explanation could be that they are on the Begleischiff Adolf Lüderitz. The commander there was Kptlt.Möbes.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 02 Februar 2014, 19:07:53
I do not think that the photo is from a Schnellboot. One explanation could be that they are on the Begleitschiff Adolf Lüderitz. The commander there was Kptlt.Möbes.
Ja, das ist eine einleuchtende Erklärung.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Zitat von: alo41 am 01 Februar 2014, 09:15:13

There are propaganda photos of Pinassen by PK Peter and PK Lehman. I supose they are from MRS 11 or were there more ships like that in the Baltic?

Hi,

There is one more photo that might be from MRS 11. I think it can show S 55 alongside MRS 11 on 6 July.
There is also a photo from PK Lehman (Riga 1) that shows 4 Schnellboote in Riga. It could have been taken from MRS 11 on 7 July. PK Lehman was then probebly stationed on MRS 11.

Is there detailed photos of MRS 11? How long was MRS 11 in Riga?

I now understand that MRS 11 left Riga on the 10 July. I had a closer look on the photo that might be MRS 11 with S 55. One of the objects is a 2 cm Flak 30. It is said that MRS 11 had 12 of these.

Some more here: Link  http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,4914.msg155752.html#msg155752

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung