Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Urs Heßling

moin, Tino,
Du hast recht :MG: top

Ich habe mir die Bilder noch einmal angesehen und ging fälschlicherweise  :| davon aus, daß die Brücke bis zur Bordwand reicht.

Dann wäre jetzt nur noch zu klären, wo und wann die Fotos entstanden, denn im Nordmeer waren die Boote definitiv nicht.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Urs Heßling

moin,

ich habe zumindest eine Möglichkeit entdeckt (siehe Eintrag 13.1.1942, 1. Zeile)

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Yes, it could be S 36.

I think it also could be S 30 that Pribe had 15 March - 22 April 1941. There is a lot of Pribe photos in the serie and I think it might come from him.

I found another photo that I dont fully understand. There was no text with it but I can see some things.
It is in Copenhagen
On typ S 18 boat rebuilt with the new ventilators. ~1941/42
The other boat is S 30 (or possibly S 31, but probebly not)

I can not find any perfect match in HMA. I think it might be S 19 and S 30 on thier way to Kiel on 21 Sep 1941?

/Alo

Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 22 Januar 2021, 15:37:31
I think it also could be S 30 that Pribe had 15 March - 22 April 1941. There is a lot of Pribe photos in the serie and I think it might come from him.
Ja, beim Verlegen von Kiel nach Danzig am 31.3.- 3.4.1941
Vierzehn Tage zuvor war die Eislage noch so, daß ein Verlegen von S 10 und S 19 mit Schnellboot-Begleitschiff Tsingtau von Warnemünde bis östlich Arkona nur im Kielwasser von Schlachtschiff Bismarck möglich war

Zitat von: alo41 am 22 Januar 2021, 15:37:31
I can not find any perfect match in HMA. I think it might be S 19 and S 30 on thier way to Kiel on 21 Sep 1941?
Ja, steht nicht im KTB, kommt aber von den Zeiten her hin.

Gruß, Urs

Arjan

A question about some Bundesarchiv photos. Bildberichter Bösenberg made some pics of  Albert Speer visiting a Schnellboot bunker. I wonder which bunker this is ? The pillars of the Waalhaven bunker all had a black band at the base like those seen in these pics but perhaps there were more bunkers with black bands painted on the pillars ?

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Hi,

I would say it is the Rotterdam bunker. Ijmuidin is very similar but with white pillars. Boulogne had two rows of lights in the celing (I think).

I have added some more photos from the Speer serie.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 26 Januar 2021, 19:11:42
I have added some more photos from the Speer serie.
Both with FdS Petersen to the right resp. the left of Speer.

Gruß, Urs

Arjan

Much obliged Alo ! I posted some pics of the Waalhaven bunker here :

https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/1-35-schnellboot-typ-s-38.274770/page-7

I also used some of the photos you posted, I hope you don't mind. Urs/Alo could you tell me when Albert Speer visited Rotterdam/Holland ?

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

I dont know, but the wether looks like spring. They are looking on a S 38b with a 40 mm Bofors making it 1943?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Petersen noch als Korvettenkapitän, also vor dem 1.3.1943

Da P. als FdS sein KTB auf die operative Führung beschränkt, läßt sich das Besuchsdatum Speers da leider nicht finden.

Gruß, Urs

Arjan

Vielen Dank meine Herren ! From some photo material an acquaintance sent me I get the impression that the photos Bildberichter Hirsche made were also taken at the Rotterdam bunker. The black "socks" were apparently painted onto the pillars of the bunker at a later date.

edit: This photo probably shows S-89. If so, some of these pics may have been taken at the IJmuiden bunker after all ....

According to her Lebenslauf this was the first time she was in Rotterdam :

17.06.1943   Verlegen (S 89, S 94) von Ijmuiden nach Rotterdam zum Einbau Kalottenbrücke (S 89 in der Gusto-Werft, S 94 in der Wilton-Werft)

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Zitat von: Arjan am 26 Januar 2021, 19:31:24

I also used some of the photos you posted, I hope you don't mind. Urs/Alo could you tell me when Albert Speer visited Rotterdam/Holland ?

Hi

I found the date in M. Foedrowitz Schnellboot bunker book. Speer was in Rotterdam on 10 May 1943.

Petersen is Fregattenkapitän on the photos. The thin strip was not used untill 25 Feb. 1944.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 28 Januar 2021, 08:45:40
I found the date in M. Foedrowitz Schnellboot bunker book. Speer was in Rotterdam on 10 May 1943.
Petersen is Fregattenkapitän on the photos. The thin strip was not used untill 25 Feb. 1944.
Guter Punkt :MG: top

Speers "Besuch" ist im KTB FdS nicht erwähnt.

Gruß, Urs

Arjan

Many thanks for your research Ola, you've been a great help !  :MG:

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Hi,

I tryed to find out the number on the S 38b boat with Speer in the Bunker.

I could find only two candidates in HMA for Kalotte rebuild in Rotterdam 10 May 1943:   S 117 and S 120.

I think S 120 did not have a Bofors gun in 1944 so S 117 is my best candidate.

Have I missed any other boat?

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung