German Imperial Navy postcard collection

Begonnen von alexfranke, 20 August 2009, 04:06:35

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Besitzer

Moin,
schön das Alex Franke noch eine "Zugabe" gibt! Danke dafür :TU:)

Eine wirklich sehr interessante Geschichte die ich gerne gelesen habe. :TT/(

Hier noch mal eine PDF zu Kollmorgen :  http://www.kollmorgen.com/uploadedFiles/kollmorgencom/Company/HistoryofKollmorgenAnniversaryBook-mobile.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1BKxYyJJJ4

:wink:
Seemannsgarn wird nicht geflochten,
sondern gesponnen! ;-))

alexfranke

Hello, friends. I'm sorry to revive this old thread, but I wanted to be sure everyone interested in this story knew about some new news: I believe I've found the "other half" of the postcard conversation -- letters starting from about 1915 from Lotte to Ernst.

When my aunt (Ernst & Lotte's daughter) passed away a few years ago, much of her estate was very poorly managed and lots of people basically walked off with a lot of the things she had kept. A couple of months ago someone contacted me out of the blue. He had acquired old books of the letters, and when researching them, came across my website with the postcards. He contacted me and gave me an opportunity to buy them from him at a reasonable cost. (We was going to auction them off instead.)

I don't know anything about what's in these letters, except that the dates appear to be from around the same time as the postcards.

Are you all interested in seeing scans of these, too? I can start to work on scanning them and making them publicly available if you're interested. There are also a few other things scattered in with these letters -- some newspaper clippings, music, tickets, and things like that. I can try to scan all of these things if there's interest. I think it might provide an interest look into the life of a young German woman during WWI.

Also, my family and I are planning a trip back to Germany hopefully next year. I don't know where you all live, but I'd love to buy you all some beers at some point to say thank you!

Cheers,
-Alex
Online at: http://www.thefrankes.com
"Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Big A

Hi Alex,

sounds most interesting and I am sure we will have some fun reading and translating these letters. I bet Urs will be able to give you the correct historical background.

And if you come to Germany, try to put Rostock, Hamburg or Hannover on your agenda. I am sure that we can arrange a meeting in either of these cities. Must be fun getting to know the "real" people behind the postings.
Just let us know when (summer would be best, I guess). If you happen to drop by at Rostock, I will be most glad to organise a little BBQ or party. Cold beer is guaranteed :/BE: :OuuO:

Axel
Weapons are no good unless there are guts on both sides of the bayonet.
(Gen. Walter Kruger, 6th Army)

Real men don't need experts to tell them whose asses to kick.

Urs Heßling

hi,

Zitat von: Big A am 04 September 2017, 19:54:58
.. reading and translating these letters. I bet Urs will be able to give you the correct historical background.
Yes indeed, with pleasure :O/Y

And if you come to Germany, try to put Rostock, Hamburg or Hannover on your agenda.
Welcome to Hanover :MG:

Cold beer is guaranteed
Sounds good :-D

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung