My X-Craft model

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 05 Dezember 2005, 10:01:39

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here is my X-Craft model on progress.

Those midget submarines attacked the Tirpitz on KaaFjord on September 1943.

The model is made by  Accurate Model on scale 1 /35 on resin and metal parts.

Ciao  Antonio  :D
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

..and here the other side ...
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

ufo

That shall be a very fine craft indeed!

And then I am looking forward to the 1:35 Tirpitz going with it  :shock:
You are probably digging for the swiming pool right now :mrgreen:

Ciao,
Ufo

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Ufo and all,

WHOW  :shock:

A Tirpitz on that scale will be fantastic for me to make it,.. but it will take really a  big swimming pool and lots of persons working on it,..  7 meters Tirpitz is not so easy  to make and move  :oops:

I guess my dream is more ' realistic'  I would love to be able to purchase al the pieces from FineArtModels on scale 1 / 200 and to put them togheter myself, ..  but I wait to get retired to do that, .. so other 20 years, .. meanwhile I keep on searching as much information on her as I can .... and make  some models on 1/350  and 700 to still get trained ...  :D

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

the  X-Craft model is finished and now after a long flight  is going to be exposed on  the TIRPITZ ALTA MUSEUM in KaaFjord-Alta ( Norway ).

In fact the model was owned by my friend Even which is  the Museum Director up there.

Here some photos.  

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here another.

Torpedo

Excellent Model! Congratulations for such a fine piece of art.
Uli "Torpedo"   [WoW Nic: Torpedo_uas]

"Man muss seine Geschichte kennen, um nicht die gleichen Fehler zu wiederholen"

Restaurierungsbericht des SEELÖWE, 20er Jollenkreuzer Baujahr 1943
http://facebook.com/r167seeloewe

Ulrich Rudofsky

Antonio:  Don't be so modest!  As your Einstein quote says:  you have a "besondere Begabung" (special gift) for making models!!!!!!  Very nice model.  
Ulrich Rudofsky
Ulrich Rudofsky

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Ulrich, Torpedo and all,

Many thanks for the nice words  :oops:  :oops:  

@ Ulrich,

YES, you are right, I have to thank GOD  for many gifts HE gave me, .. among those this capability that I love so much.

I started making models when I was 12, for fun,..than at 14 I started making them for a model shop for living and pay my study, ..  I was making all kind of models for customers  every afternoon, even on Saturday.

When at 23 I finished my study  I took  another job,  life  asked me to do something different, .. I  left for many years my passion for the ships and the models, ... lately it restarted and after having removed some rust  from my hands I see I am still able to make something acceptable.

Be sure that there are many, many modelers much better than me, .. and it is OK, ..  as any modeler loves his creations and there is no jealousy, ...  just admiration for other people creations, .. at least for me.

Making models shows how you see the reality thru your eyes,.. that is the fun,.. comparable to make a painture or a sculpture, ... it is your art, .. plus you have the research  to be made  to make it as perfect as you can, .. and that is very intriguing for me, .. a lot of my current  knowledge on those ships starts exactly from there.

@ Torpedo

Thanks  :oops:

Now I have to finish some 1 / 700 ships  ( Hood, PoW, PG, BS, Hipper etc etc ) and I have a great project on going .....

..... with  many 1 / 350  Tirpitz,.. many and very accurate ones  :wink: .

Ciao Antonio  :D

Ulrich Rudofsky

Antonio:  Hier ist meine USS ONEIDA (16 Kanonen), mit 36 Spanten aus Pau Marfim Holz,  im Anfangsstadium nach einem Monat Arbeit.  Here is my USS ONEIDA (16 guns), with 36 frames made from Pau Marfim wood,  beginning to take shape after one month of work.  (1/48 Maßstab/scale)

Ulrich Rudofsky

Antonio Bonomi

Cia Ulrich and all,

very nice model  :D , I see you are starting from drawings only, very good and  congratulations, it will be a superb job once done :D

I made many wooden models, the standard ones known by everybody,  Toulonnaise, Bounty, Constitution, to name few of them... one day I felt in love with one ship, .. the WASA.

I met the designer that was making the drawings for COREL to make the model,  and I spent some time with him  too ( Mr. Volonte' ).

I have that kit, still to be done as I want to collect more infos.

Meanwhile I made the HMS Victory by Sergal ( Mantua Models ) a superb kit highly reccomended.

Now it is on my modeler room,  were I make all the other models, I did not paint it, I like it in wood.

One model I always wanted to make is the French ship  '' The Protecteur '', ... and to make it I will start from drawinsg like you are doing  :wink: .

Ulrich Rudofsky

This is a model from the Lumber Yard.  All you get is some laser-cut parts and a large amount of various types of wood :lol:   The plan or the laser-cut parts have some problems that need to be fixed, e.g., the plan shows 35 frames but there are 36 :evil: !  http://www.dlumberyard.com/
Ulrich Rudofsky

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung