Zeitliche Gliederung der Umbauten an Adm Hipper, Blucher und Prinz Eugen

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 17 April 2007, 15:42:26

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

this time I have worked with a new and very talended young friend, ... that I would like to introduce to you ... with of course a small surprise.

So the surprise are the  :

- 26 drawings evolutions of Admiral Hipper, full life in technical  modifications and  camouflages.

- 6 Drawings of the short life of Blucher, same as above.

- 20 drawings to make same things for  the Prinz Eugen.

I can guarantee you I had a lot of fun, .. creating them, ... so again I offer  them free of any charge, .. for everybody benefit, ... like I did before.

After the usual authorizations, ..  of course,...  you can see them.

Ciao  Antonio  :MG:

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

ok,  lets  start with the Blucher, a very unlucky ship, .. and let me introduce to you my young friend Abram Joslin, .. a very talented  drawing maker as you can see.

Enjoy his works on Blucher ,....

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Antonio Bonomi

Gruss all,

I am sure you have been able to follow thru Blucher  modifications, with the addition of the Funnel cap, the removal of the wappen shield, the addittion of the gun blast bags but only on forward guns,   the installation of the boxes on top B and C turrets, ..  till the admiral bridge closure, and the radar installation,  ... with the YELLOW  tops of Operation Weserubung,..when they closed the flagpoles down.

Here the Prinz Eugen,..  and using same approach,.. lets follow her modification thru modification and painting thru painting,...   and I am sure you will find many interesting  new items, .. and hopefully some explanations on how things went,..  about this ship.

But in case you notice something new,..like the depth charges launchers,... or the  unusual painting on top of Baltic camo turrets, ....  or movements of the air recognition banners,.. or the zwilling guns ...on 1944,... do not worry... but  just ask,... and I will answer... as all the things you see here in,.. can be demonstrated very easily,....... of course   

Enjoy,..Antonio  :MG:

Antonio Bonomi

Antonio Bonomi

...more Prinz,.. after the Baltic camo,... were the logic of the colour used for the TOP turrets is very interesting, .. thinking Bismarck now,.....   :O/Y

..here the Rheinubung,..ones,...  please note that the  YELLOW was used leaving Norway as well as approaching France at Brest,....  the PG film will confirm with  images,...  while the full grey was only in betwen,.. on the Atlantic ocean while out of Luftwaffe  range,.... obviously.

The depth charge launchers are left empty,..but we know now how it went about the 6 depth charges......   :MZ:

Antonio Bonomi

...... more Prinz  ....   in Norway,.....

hsk1

Ciao Antonio!

Really fine drawings! :TU:)
Exellent!

Thank you very much!

MfG hsk1

Antonio Bonomi

... more Prinz,.. I am sure you should have liked the Op. Zauberflote camouflage scheme,....  it looks different done like this compared to the manual drawing I made last year, .. but all my researches  on KM ships camo are going on the same way,.. I start from paper,..  from a photo,..than I research,..and take notes,..and only at the end you are able to  put it on a nice  format  like this one to be showed,..and  with the help of talented guys on  PC  graphics is easier for me,.. so I can concentrate on my  history research ,..while they can learn the ship from me, .. enjoying  what they are  very good on doing,.. creating the  electronic drawings, .. and I love to explain it, .... as they are normally very curious, ..and interested,.... to know the ship story and evolution,....... so we both enjoy.

Never forget is a never ending  research work,......

Antonio Bonomi

...more Prinz,...  Thanks HSK1   :O/Y,..  I pass along the compliments to Abram,..he is young and very talented,.. so I am sure he will be very proud of this personal  achievement, ...  and I am happy to have given my knowledge to such a talented young guy, .. so in the future the memory of those ships wil not end ,.. so easily now,.....

Antonio Bonomi

..and here we are at the end of Prinz, ...I am sure you have followed easily all radar changes,...all  the Flak guns evolution, including the zwillig ,....  and all the painting done, .. including the dark one used with Scharhorst when they tryied to reach Norway at the beginning of 1943.

I am sure  you  know the Prinz Eugen quite well,.. so I hope to have been able to have given a bit more,....  just a bit,.. and to have stimulated  some interesting  new questions on you, .. so maybe I can learn more from you too, .. and improve on this ship as well.......   like  on all the other ones,.... 

Here the USA piece of the story of the Prinz, ... Philadelphia,  Boston, Washington, Panama,.... till Bikini atoll,. .... and the end.

Antonio  :MG:

Antonio Bonomi

Gruss all,

and here we go with the first ship of this class,..that I kept for last,..the Admiral Hipper... 

Antonio Bonomi

..I am sure you have noticed that on all the ships drawings  there are no boats on the ship,.as this is Abram ...personal touch,... he likes to show the ship natural  lines,..and I was glad to follow his desire,.....   everybody of us can easily  realize were and which small boats were on board like the Arado airplanes, .. or like the  more precise ship details we can obtain from bigger and more precise original ship drawings, .. the intent was not to  provide the best and more precise ship drawing,..but to provide the evolution of the ship history  modifications .... and camouflage schemes,... that is not so easily available .....

Antonio Bonomi

...and here after the  air recognition evolutions,...  Norway invasion Weserubung ... in Yellow, than Red,.. but you will like I hope the camo pattern of the  ship  after been rammed by HMS Glowworm,..... full camouflage on the upperworks,..... 

Antonio Bonomi

...  more Hipper,... Juno and Seelowe,..summer of 1940,..than  the first Atlantic operation,....    camouflaged as HMS Liverpool,.....  and here I thank many persons for the nice help,...  :O/Y

..this scheme could have been on Blue tones,..... or in Grey tones, .. I have  NOT found the exact final  answer, ..  but  that is why I want you to see them both, .. so you can help me... maybe with a confirmation on one by some  former crew members,.....  and meanwhile enjoy, ......     

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung