Schnellboot S 156 und mehr - einige Fragen...

Begonnen von Whinigo, 28 November 2017, 00:42:35

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

There are some photos that must be from Po. Difficult to say exact where. They were armed with rifles at some Point.
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Urs,

This is S 156 K in Augusta. I Think there is a red kill pennant on the radio arial. I guess it must be the "Kreuzer" Thomsen claimed on 12 March 1943? Is there a boot behind with Another pennant?

One photo showing a commander in a typ S 151 boat is said in the Ebay text to be from 5 March 1944. Can this be true?

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 16 Dezember 2017, 14:13:45
This is S 156 K in Augusta. I Think there is a red kill pennant on the radio arial. I guess it must be the "Kreuzer" Thomsen claimed on 12 March 1943?
Wahrscheinlich ja (Zerstörer Lightning)

Is there a boot behind with Another pennant?
Ja

One photo showing a commander in a typ S 151 boat is said in the Ebay text to be from 5 March 1944. Can this be true?
Nicht auf See
Am 5.3.44 legten die Boote die letzten Kilometer auf dem Po auf dem Weg nach Venedig zurück, Einlaufen am 6.3.44

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

It is now possibel to Place photo No. 5 in the first post if we trust whats written on two other photos taken at the same Place.

Bizerta! Note the Torpedos on trailers in the background.

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 10 Dezember 2017, 10:51:22
There are two photos showing a visit of an italian officer to the 7 S-Ftl in Augusta. I think it is Hans Trummer as K.Kpt that is the host making it later then the 1 March 1943. They are boarding S 154 "G" and S 156 "K" can be seen in the back ground.
Herr Kelm hat mir heute geschrieben und bestätigt, daß er der Oberfähnrich im Bild ist.

Dann wäre es doch wohl er, der im Gruppenbild "Nr. 9" ist

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Great Urs!

That kind of information is not easy to get.

I will continue with the Ebay photos.

The boats being fitted out are all from the Arsenal, Venedig.

alo41

Here is the gate to Collegio Navale, Venedig. I Think the crew might have lived there. It is still in use and has changed very Little.

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 17 Dezember 2017, 15:33:55
I will continue with the Ebay photos.
The boats being fitted out are all from the Arsenal, Venedig.
Photo 1, links, zeigt ein italienisches MAS

Gruß, Urs

alo41

There is one photo from Piacenza where they started the river transport on Po. The Pontieri monument is still there but the fascist axes has been removed.

Link: http://www.piacenzamusei.com/s.php?i=0027

alo41

Here the S 156 crew are turist in Lido. The Ausonia Hungarian Hotell is unchanged.

alo41

The turist photos from Venice are easy to match.

alo41

The flag pole at Collegio Navael, Venedig  (Now: Scuola militare navale "Francesco Morosini)

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 18 Dezember 2017, 19:04:21
Here the S 156 crew are turist in Lido.
Ich wäre mir nicht so sicher, ob die Soldaten in Tropenuniform mit "Afrikakorpsmütze" wirklich Besatzungsmitglieder sind.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

They all have the Schnellbootabzeichen so I Think they must be part of the crew. The peaked cap was probebly used as a part of the summer uniform. There are photos dated April 1944 where they still use the blue uniform when on leave.

1. On the ferry to Lido
2. On the wood jetty infront of the Collegio Navale.
3. S 155 crew with Afrikakorps cap

alo41

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung