Small boat in photo of MFP F249

Begonnen von PT Dockyard, 11 Juli 2017, 02:08:01

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

PT Dockyard

I have a question on one of the pictures in Historisches Marinearchiv & Forum Marinearchiv of MFP F249.

http://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/landungsfahrzeuge/marinefaehrprahm/ausgabe.php?where_value=149

In the picture of her where she is pulled up on stocks being worked on, it looks like you can see some small vessel just to her port/left side and aft. All that can be seen is:

-the shield for a twin 20mm
-A raft that looks like it is in a storage position
-What looks like a armored wheelhouse with an armored shield around the outside, much like a small version of the bridge of an AFP-C.

Given there were no AFPs of any model in the Mediterranean and the picture is reportedly in Marseilles, I think this is some small patrol vessel. I do not think it is a Raumboot as the bridge looks different and there is nothing visible at all behind it.

Any ideas? Are there any other views of this scene?

Thanks,
Dave
The PT Dockyard
The Island of Misfit Boats

kgvm

Sorry, Dave, no idea for the craft.
But at least the first picture shown wasn't taken at Marseille, but in an Italian port. For the others I'm not sure.

Peter K.

ZitatBut at least the first picture shown wasn't taken at Marseille, but in an Italian port. For the others I'm not sure.
The second one was definitly made at the Ansaldo yard in Genoa.
Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

Iceman

Sorry Dave also from my side I have no idea, there are only very few details. All I can say is that all the photos are taken in Genova, also the one where she is alongside.

Best regards

Marco

PT Dockyard

Thank you. It is good to know the Genoa location!

Dave
The PT Dockyard
The Island of Misfit Boats

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung