U-Boote im Atlantik 1940

Begonnen von Adrien, 09 Mai 2017, 14:29:20

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Adrien

Hello everyone,

I would like to know the names of all the U-Boats that operated off Portugal, Morocco and the Canary and Madère Islands between January and April 1940. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Greetings
Adrien

Schorsch

Hallo Adrien,

da Du nicht genau verraten hast, weshalb Du die Nummern der Boote benötigst, die im angegebenen Seegebiet unterwegs waren, und auch die Information fehlt, wie weit Du den betreffenden Bereich gefasst haben möchtest, ist es schwer, entsprechende Bootsnummern zweifelsfrei anzugeben. Vielleicht hilft bei Deiner Suche aber auch schon die Kenntnis der Boote, die im fraglichen Zeitraum schon oder noch im Dienst der Kriegsmarine standen und zu Feindfahrten ausgelaufen sind. Das waren namentlich die Boote U 25, U 26, U 28, U 29, U 30, U 31, U 32, U 33, U 34, U 37, U 38, U 41, U 43, U 44, U 46, U 47, U 48, U 49, U 50, U 51, U 52, U 53, U 55, U 64 und U A (insgesamt 25 Boote). Mit Unterstützung z.B. von www.uboat.net (exemplarisch: --/>/> dritte Feindfahrt von U 25) könntest Du nun deren tägliche Positionen überprüfen und vielleicht weitere Erkenntnisse gewinnen.

Hinweis: Es gab zwar noch weitere 30 Boote, die zeitgleich der Kriegsmarine angehörten und zum Einsatz kamen (U 1, U 2, U 3, U 4, U 5, U 6, U 7, U 8, U 9, U 10, U 11, U 13, U 14, U 15, U 17, U 18, U 19, U 20, U 21, U 22, U 23, U 24, U 56, U 57, U 58, U 59, U 60, U 61, U 62, U 63). Hierbei handelt es sich aber kleine Boote vom Typ II, die eigentlich nicht die Reichweite hatten, um bei Deiner Frage zum ,,Kreis der Verdächtigen" zu gehören.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Schorsch
'Judea, London. Do or Die.'

"Ubi dubium, ibi libertas." (Wo Zweifel ist, da ist Freiheit.)

Theo

Hallo Adrien!!

Hier gibt es tägliche Standorte der Boote.

http://www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm

Gruß Rainer

Adrien

Hello Rainer and Schorsch,

Thanks a lot for your answers !

I wish to compare the positions of the U-boats and the French maritime forces off Portugal and Morroco.

Greetings
Adrien

Urs Heßling

hello, Adrien,

Zitat von: Adrien am 11 Mai 2017, 19:26:13
I wish to compare the positions of the U-boats and the French maritime forces off Portugal and Morroco.
I presume that http://www.uboat.net/ops/convoys/convoys.php?convoy=56-KS  is the closest encounter among those you are looking for.
As far as I could find Alsacien is the only vessel sunk south of latitude 40o N.

salutations, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Adrien

Hello Urs,

Thank you very much !

I believe that no U-Boats went south of 35°North during the months of January to April 1940 (Madeira Island is south of 35°N). The U-25 and U-44 went off the Strait of Gibraltar in late January but did not go further south.
One of these two submarines had been seen at the end of January by a French merchant ship around of 36°N 10°E. But no submarine hunt was carried out.

Greetings
Adrien

ARANTALES

Hello Adrien,

Please find attached an Excel table with the daily grid-positions (mostly at 0800) for the uboats at sea during the first 4 months of 1940.

There is no line in the table for the day a uboat left port.
There is no line for the day a uboat was lost.
Both these dates/positions we only keep in the DUIKBOOT database (accessible as Project DUIKBOOT in the HMA).

Sources used were microfilm copies of the KTB of individual uboats and the KTB BdU.

The conversion of the given Kriegsmarine grid-data into geographical positions (giving the center of the grid listed) was done with our own conversion program.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Frans & Walter

Adrien

Hello Frans and Walter,

Thank you very much for the information, they will be very useful !

Greetings
Adrien

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung