Malchow, Deutschland 1941 (English)

Begonnen von Sørensen, 22 März 2017, 20:34:29

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Sørensen

Ello.
Sorry about this is in English, but my German is werry bad. The reson im here is because of some pictures and half storys and family secrets.

I recently came by some pictures that is 1940- to maby 1943 that should show some relatives. The reson i have ended up here is that one of the pictures show something that could look like a crew taken in Malchow, Deutschland 10 - 5 -1941. Alot of these men have anchors on there jacket. I have no idea about if its merchant marine or kriegsmarine  (maby some here do)

Then i have "almost" two names

First one is Tony Peeters hes Dutch origin

Second is last name Engelen Dutch origin

I have two locations. Malchow, and Port Said and maby what could be a a mariners/soldiers number

This is all i have. Its not much, but maby someone here can help me abit to some information about one or both these men. Any help will be much apriciatet, and if its agains the forums rule this post please delete it

Sorry about the pictures orientation, but photobucket dont play well with me today :(

:MG:

Tx in advance

Lars Sørensen
Dänemark

Urs Heßling

hi, Lars,

I believe that the picture labelled "In Port Said" showing the men's group in front of the car may have been taken in World war I (!), possibly in a Prisoner-of War-camp.
The same is valid for the next picture "74/151 (?)" showing the grinning young man

Ich glaube, daß die mit "In Port Said" beschriftete Aufnahme im 1. Weltkrieg, möglicherweise in einem Kriegsgefangenenlager, gemacht sein könnte.
Dasselbe gilt für das folgende Bild "74/151 (?)" mit dem grinsenden jungen Mann.

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

joern

Hallo,
in Malchow wurden im WK II in der damaligen Munitionsfabrik sehr viele Fremd- und Zwangsarbeiter aus den verschiedensten Ländern eingesetzt. Eventuell gibt es einen Zusammenhang zum ersten Foto ?.
Grüße Joern

Götz von Berlichingen

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 22 März 2017, 20:55:58I believe that the picture labelled "In Port Said" showing the men's group in front of the car may have been taken in World war I (!), possibly in a Prisoner-of War-camp.
The same is valid for the next picture "74/151 (?)" showing the grinning young man

The cars look too "modern" to me for WW I.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung