Schnellboote Channel 1940

Begonnen von alo41, 17 März 2017, 18:40:47

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi,

Here we can see what they were doing on Carl Peters: Celebrating the two latest Ritterkreuzen to the Flottille.

Channel II 4a: Kptlt. Klug with the latest RK (12 March 1941). The flowers shows that it must be spring. The "Schott 62,3" is "Mannschaftsraum f. S-Boote on Zwischendeck" according to my Carl Peters booklet. Album man is to the left and the Leitende to the right (S 28).

Channel II 5a: The crew of S 102 with Töniges and his RK (25 Feb 1941) is on the other side of the table. Album man to the left.

Channel II 6a: Album man in the middel. Rotterdam? Note the painted field on the deck. Yellow?

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 28 März 2017, 21:04:17
Channel II 6a: Album man in the middel. Rotterdam? Note the painted field on the deck. Yellow?
Boote der 2., 4. und 6. SFltl erhielten vorn und achtern einen gelben Anstrich in Vorbereitung auf den Kanaldurchbruch im Februar 1942. Daran war die 1. SFltl aber nicht beteiligt.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi,
There is examples already before the war that pannels were painted on the deck. I have read somewhere that it was diffrent for the Ostsee/Nordsee, red, yellow? I think it was the same with the gun turrets on destroyers etc?
The system was also used in Norway.
Was it in Place in the Channel in 1940 for S 28? Is there more documentation?

alo41

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung