Schnellboote bei "Weserübung"

Begonnen von Urs Heßling, 17 Februar 2017, 13:41:56

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi Urs,

I am trying to figure out witch boat the first album owner was on.

I know that he was on a typ S 18 boat in Norway and Channel. (probebly S 21)
He was on S 28 with Klug in the Channel and in Finland.
He was on S 86, 2 S-Ftl on Silvester 1943 and 1944.
He was on S 156, 7 S-Ftl

Weserübung roll of film
The S 18/S 20 photos indicates that he was on one of these boats. It could be him drying the tools.

The rest of the photos shows action in Norway.
6a. Burning oil tanks. When/where? There is a similar photo in Bartels Tigerflagge book.
7a. Burning shore. Bartels has a photo of a burning wood firm in Stavanger. Could it be there?
9a. Changing propellers. Fits S 21 between 16-21 April 1940. The mended damage in the top right corner fits the S 19 damage after the crash with S 21.
8a. Harbor, two typ S 10 boat. Where/when? Is it the tip of a U-boot to the left?

News! The tug boat photo is not part of this roll of film. I does not have the mast and is then after the campaign in Norway.
/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

SchlPr11

Hallo Alo,
Weserübung 8a = reefer ALSTERUFER
REINHARD

PS

Hello
Picture 6a. Askøy/Florvåg(inlet to Bergen) in Norway 11th of may 1940, picture 7a Marineholmen(naval base) in Bergen Norway 8th of may 1940, picture 9a, could be BMV shipyard in Bergen Norway. Picture 8a Stavanger Norway, most likely end of april or beginning of may. The bow on the left is most likely one of the two small passenger ferrys Express I or II.
Regards
PS

alo41

Thank you both!

You have saved me a lot of time.

The 8a Stavanger/Alsterufer is the 28/29 april with S 10 and S 12. Link: http://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/weseruebung/ausgabe.php?where_value=48

Was the fires from air attacks?

/alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 12 März 2017, 23:42:13
The 8a Stavanger/Alsterufer is the 28/29 april with S 10 and S 12.
Genauer :
27./28.4.40 Geleitschutz (S 10, S 12) für Nachschubschiffe ,,Alstertor" und ,,Alsterufer" von der Elbmündung nach Stavanger
29./30.4.40 Geleitschutz (S 10, S 12, S 19, S 22) für von Stavanger auslaufende Schiffe ,,Alstertor", ,,Alsterufer" und 3 weitere, S 10 und S 12 müssen wegen Seegang umkehren, S 10 läuft in Stavanger, S 12 läuft in Bergen ein

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

PS

ZitatWas the fires from air attacks?
The oiltanks was attacked by aircraft and set on fire. The fire in the picture from 8th of may was started by a cigarette and then a ammuntion dump exploded. Looking closely on the picture 9a i see the hills behind. Im quite certain that its from one of the small shipyards in Bergen, placed just opposite from where Carl Peters was stationed.
regards
PS

alo41

Hi,

Photoserie "Weserübung"

8 April             List                  S 18 (or S 20)
16-24 April      Bergen wharf    S 21 or S 19 at other dates
29 April           Stavanger        S 19 or S 22
8 and 10 May   Bergen             ?

I am supriced of the large spann in time (one month) for this serie. It will make my next photoserie overlap.
It looks like they gave up on S 18 (when was she back in action?) and went to Norway without any boat. They might have got a ride with S 23 or S 25 that went to Bergen 14 April. I wounder if the S 18 crew was used as replacments for the other boat. The album man was then probebly on S 19 or S 21.

Thanks
/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Next photoserie from my album.

Battle of Ulvik, 25 april 1940, S 19, S 21, S 22, S 23 and Führer boat S 25. (Hümmelchen is wrong!)

1a. Loading soliders and equipment, probebly from DS Kong Olaf. OK?
2a. M1 is also there. Where is it? Hardangerfjord before they got to Kvanndal?
6a. Ulvik is burning in the background.

The Schnellboot is S 19 or S 21 based on the ventilators. I think KB Möbius describes the battle from S 19 in his book Schnellboot.

/Alo

PS

Zitat1a. Loading soliders and equipment, probebly from DS Kong Olaf. OK?
2a. M1 is also there. Where is it? Hardangerfjord before they got to Kvanndal?
6a. Ulvik is burning in the background.

Picture 2a is taken at Eide, Granvin in Hardangerfjord. Interesting photo from Ulvik.
regards
PS

alo41

Yes, you are right.

Thank you!
/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 13 März 2017, 20:17:15
It looks like they gave up on S 18 (when was she back in action?) and went to Norway without any boat. They might have got a ride with S 23 or S 25 that went to Bergen 14 April. I wounder if the S 18 crew was used as replacments for the other boat. The album man was then probebly on S 19 or S 21.
S 18 war von Mirbachs Boot. vM übernahm (ich nehme an, mit seiner Besatzung) das alte bei der TVA eingesetzte S 12 und verlegte am 19.4. von Kiel nach Kristiansand. Zuerst bis 25. (oder 26.) 4. bei der 2. SFltl, dann bei der 1. SFltl.
S 18 kam am 13.8.40 wieder in den Einsatz.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 13 März 2017, 20:32:24
Next photoserie from my album.
Danke !!  :TU:) :TU:) :MG:

Zitat von: alo41 am 13 März 2017, 20:32:24
Battle of Ulvik, 25 april 1940, S 19, S 21, S 22, S 23 and Führer boat S 25. (Hümmelchen is wrong!)

The Schnellboot is S 19 or S 21 based on the ventilators. I think KB Möbius describes the battle from S 19 in his book Schnellboot.
S 19 war kaum  bei dem Gefecht vor Ulvik beteiligt, weil es währenddessen den kleinen Frachter Eidfjord vor Kinsarvik aufbrachte

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi

Yes it could be that the album man got to Norway on S 12. We will see if it fits.
S 19 was at Ulvik acording to the Battle report posted in this thread. I think there are many different ways to spell the fjord names.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The last of my Norway photos. The rest of the photo serie is in Holland and France.

3a. Crew resting, album man to the right. Norwegian ship and big crane in the back ground. It is S 19 or S 21 and the same boat as on 2a at Eide, Granvin.
4a. Leitende and Engine personell? The same boat?
5a. The same boat alongside the same norwegian ship? Sailing ship hulk with a house on. Where? Ship names?
      The boat has a "W" making on the front and side. I have never sean it before. Meaning? Why the front flag?

/Alo

PS

Hello
Picture 3a is taken close to Marineholmen(naval base) in Bergen. The crane in the background is at the shipyard Mjellem & Karlsen. Picture 5a taken the opposite way as 3a. The ship hulk is the Norwegian navys Nordstjernen used as a tender at the naval base Marineholmen.
Regards
PS

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung