Erscheinen Band 3 Tirpitzbuchreihe Gehringer/Bonomi

Begonnen von Tirpitzfan, 18 November 2016, 13:07:26

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

Hello everybody,

@

you wrote :  " Ah, I understand, so the changing of the dark ends of the ship into bright/white endings was made only on the starboard side at the end of May (see image 311) and between June 8 (image 328) and June 11 (image 335 & 336) on the port side ? "

Correct !

You can see from the photos 309 to 311 the painting of the white bow and stern on the the starboard side.
On that period the port side hull was kept in grey, including the dark bow and stern both kept on dark grey.

Between the photos 329  and 333 you can see the repainting made on Tirpitz with the first version dazzle camouflage started June 8th until June 10th, ... and while applying this camouflage on both sides, ... they repainted the complete port side as well removing the dark grey bow and stern from the hull and painting them in white, together with the whole new port side camouflage scheme showing a Royal Navy battleship of a KGV class on the Tirpitz port side, visible on 334G and on photos from 335 to 337.

Hope it is all clear now ... how they did it ... and what they did.

Bye / Gruss Antonio  :MG:

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Baunummer 509

Wahnsinnsbuch!

Ich glaube aber in Bild 139 sind Duke of York und Renown vertauscht  :-)

Olaf

Ich denke, Du glaubst richtig. Vielen Dank für den Hinweis! Da liest man zig-mal quer, und dann hat sich doch noch das berühmte Teufelchen eingeschlichen ...  :roll:

Happy reading ~ Olaf!
Stau ist nur hinten blöd, vorne geht´s ...

Antonio Bonomi

Hello everybody,

@ JotDora,

here the correct way to read the photo from the Imperial War Museum number A7892.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205141901

On center photo with a darker camo is the HMS Duke of York, on the right there is the HMS Renown and on the left on the background there is the HMS King George V with a lighter camo if compared with the HMS Duke of York.

The photo was taken from the flight deck of the HMS Victorious.

I hope that you all liked that for the first time ever a series of photos showing the Royal Navy Home Fleet units  in action against  the Tirpitz on that occasion was directly correlated with the Tirpitz history and photos.

I think that in addition of the " Past and Present " and the places identification, it does provide another different way to realize the Tirpitz history.

I personally like a lot also the description of the Norwegian underground agents as well.

Your feedbacks are more than welcome of course ... so we can try to improve ...

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

cocacabanabas

Zitat von: Antonio Bonomi am 29 Dezember 2016, 20:59:17
Hello everybody,

@

you wrote :  " Ah, I understand, so the changing of the dark ends of the ship into bright/white endings was made only on the starboard side at the end of May (see image 311) and between June 8 (image 328) and June 11 (image 335 & 336) on the port side ? "

Correct !

You can see from the photos 309 to 311 the painting of the white bow and stern on the the starboard side.
On that period the port side hull was kept in grey, including the dark bow and stern both kept on dark grey.

Between the photos 329  and 333 you can see the repainting made on Tirpitz with the first version dazzle camouflage started June 8th until June 10th, ... and while applying this camouflage on both sides, ... they repainted the complete port side as well removing the dark grey bow and stern from the hull and painting them in white, together with the whole new port side camouflage scheme showing a Royal Navy battleship of a KGV class on the Tirpitz port side, visible on 334G and on photos from 335 to 337.

Hope it is all clear now ... how they did it ... and what they did.

Following your conversation with Götz von Berlichingen and your 3D images given in post #27, do I understand it correctly if I assume that Tirpitz while in Faettenfjord from June/July 42 had no camouflage "from above" on her deck at all?

Thus I would assume that Tirpitz in June/July 42 looked like this:

---------
Starboard side:
http://112.imagebam.com/temporarylink/O9OORoH4ktpPIBJeb0wyIQ/1484049931/36695/366944544/Tirpiz.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wc8gIjEYHaY/VgrltaS8HdI/AAAAAAABipk/6BNyx8jnkVo/s1600/The%2BTirpitz%2Bin%2BJune%2B1942%2Bim%2BF%25C3%25A6ttenfjord%2Bnear%2BTrondheim%252C%2BNorway.jpg

Port side:
your 3D images from post #27

From Above:
also your images from post #27

and NOT like this:
http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/PaveShadow/media/2013/DSCF5315.jpg.html

Thus decks free and only armament camouflaged from above.
---------

This would be quite a revelation for me, as over the past years I have collected material that led me believe Tirpitz while in Faettenfjord June/July 42 had quite some camo on her deck as well.

Antonio Bonomi

Hello everybody,

@ Cocacabanabas,

since you are talking and showing the camouflage scheme so called " Waldtarnung ", I imagine that when you ask  " from above " you are referring to the "TOP" view from an airplane, so referring to the main deck TEAK wood basically, and your final example shows a drawing where the main deck is showed having some camouflage.

The period we are talking about is the end on May beginning of June 1942, ... and if you purchase the book Nr. 3  we are referring to ... the answer is pretty easy by just looking the many original photos we have listed in there.

NO ! The Tirpitz was not having any main deck painted camouflage on that period, it is easy to realize it on the many photo of that period  either showing the whole main deck as well as from the many close views of part of the main deck taken on several occasions.

You wrote :

" Thus decks free and only armament camouflaged from above. "

YES, camouflage only on the starboard side, on the upperworks, and on port side from the main deck upwards. No main deck camouflage.

and

" This would be quite a revelation for me, as over the past years I have collected material that led me believe Tirpitz while in Faettenfjord June/July 42 had quite some camo on her deck as well. "

Well, if you are collecting information and material about this topic, ... then I am sure you will be a very delighted customer of our book, ... trust me, ... you will not be disappointed about it.

Bye/ Gruss  Antonio  :MG:

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung