Destroyer Spalato (captured Yugoslavian destroyer Split)

Begonnen von PT Dockyard, 19 August 2016, 01:39:31

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Iceman

Hello Dave,

the general layout of the original SPLIT was very similat to the BEOGRAD class, she was meant to be larger and the biggest modification were: the lone funnel and the superior AA armament. As it was seen by the Italian technician this drove to a very poor stability vessel.

MArco

crolick

Hey - I've tried to draw SPLIT from the drawing which Marco kindly attached.

I'm more than sure that it have hell lot of mistakes but at least this is some starting point for further discussion  :O/S

The dimensions are as in the original drawing so the proportions should be correct. I would not draw any definite conclusions from the attach drawing but it seems that there would be serious issues with overweight (especially in the bow and stern).

Enjoy!
Andrzej

PT Dockyard

And I am almost done with a 1/1200 master of the Spalato for casting:

Dave G
The PT Dockyard
The Island of Misfit Boats

Darius

Iceman

PT Dockyard

Thank you! I need to make the time to finish her!

The PT Dockyard

PT Dockyard

Hello Marco,

Any outlook on the article and the profile drawing?

Dave G
The PT Dockyard

Iceman

Hello Dave,
at the moment I'm a bit under pressure finishing a big work about the camouflage of Italin ships in WW2 (about 500 ships profiles  :-o)......but as soon it will be finished, I think I will have time at least to complete a draft profile.

Best regards

Marco Ghiglino

PT Dockyard

at the moment I'm a bit under pressure finishing a big work about the camouflage of Italin ships in WW2 (about 500 ships profiles  :-o)

Oh, do tell me more...is this a new work?

Dave
The PT Dockyard

kgvm

Looks like there are a lot of new facts, the first one in the announcement  :-D :-D :-(:
"When Italy entered the War in June 1942"

PT Dockyard

Photo showing unfinished hull of Split around 1943

Dave G

The PT Dockyard

Darius

Hello Dave,

the link doesn´t work sufficiently.

:MG:

Darius

Iceman

Zitat von: kgvm am 07 April 2018, 13:33:47
Looks like there are a lot of new facts, the first one in the announcement  :-D :-D :-(:
"When Italy entered the War in June 1942"

Klaus you cannot imagine how many times I fought to change it.....also on the back cover of the book there is that mistake. That presentation phrase was not made by me but by Seaforth......  :-D :-D

PT Dockyard

The PT Dockyard

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung