1. Flotillenstamm-Regiment: actionreports/list of killed soldiers?

Begonnen von Timmie, 12 August 2016, 00:57:11

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Timmie

Dear German friends,

On the 22th of augustus 1944 German units, togheter with the SD (from the Nebenstelle Hasselt) and Flemish collaborators, raided the Belgian town of Molenbeersel. It was only a couple of days before the liberation. The raid left 4 people dead, 6 others got arrested and didn't survive the Neuengamme concentration camp. Five of those people were familymembers of me. My great-great-grandfather and his four sons.

The raid followed a murder of a German soldier by the PA (the Belgian communist resistance). They wanted to eliminate a collaborating mayor in the town of Kessenich, but didn't know there was a German soldier on guard since a previous attempted assasination. In fact my family had nothing to do with all this. During the raid the wrong house was stormed. Most of the members of the PA escaped.

No need to say that this event deeply influenced my family. That's why I'm doing an in depth research on these events since a couple of years. I interviewed a lot of people who were involved, but there's still one thing I can't solve: the names and the units of the German soldiers who took part in this.

I know that there were German units stationed in the nearby town of Maaseik, who were probably part of the 1. Flottillenstamm-regiment, which left the military base of Beverloo (Leopoldsburg) in mai 1944 after it had been bombed by the allies.
(http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Marinestammabteilung/MSR1-R.htm)

As far as I can see, this unit was also involved in the raid of the 22th of august on Molenbeersel. Maybe it was also one of the soldiers of this unit which was killed by the resistance on the 16th of august 1944 in Kessenich.

Is there someone who knows more about the exact location of the units of the 1. Flottillenstammregiment? I'm specifically looking for actionreports and a list of soldiers who were killed in action.

I know parts of this regiment were sent to Arnhem a couple of weeks later.

Kind regards,
Timmie

Ps: don't be afraid to answer in German. I can read it :)

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung