Hilfe fur Amerika

Begonnen von Enrico Cernuschi, 14 Januar 2016, 17:39:41

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Enrico Cernuschi

Guten Abend meine Herren,

meinem amerikanischen Freund Vince wird für die folgenden Informationen über einige Marine Aktion im Ersten Weltkrieg gekämpft suchen. Die Englisch Literatur ist nicht genug. Ich frage mich, wenn auf der anderen Seite des Hügels, ist es nicht möglich, diese Auseinandersetzungen zu rekonstruieren?
Danke für die Hilfe

Enrico

I'm hoping that members of the group can help me
fill in some OoB holes, specifically in a few North Sea destroyer actions that
took place in 1916 and 1917.

The following lists the actions I'm trying to get information on. It also
shows the sources consulted. If anyone can fill in the holes, I would be
grateful.
Thanks,

Vince

8 June 1916
Action off Ostend. Names of
the four Tribal class destroyers that were with Crusader in action against V67, V68, and V47 and the II Torpedo Boat Flotilla.

References consulted: Corbett, Operations, v. 4, 22; Gladisch, Nordsee, v. 6, 204-6; Karau, Marinekorps Flandern, 174-75; Naval
Staff, Monographs, v. 17, 46. ADM 137/2802

10 May 1917
German raid against
shipping lanes between Netherlands and England.
Intercepted by elements of
Harwich Force. HMS Lightfoot under
Commander W. de M Egerton led one force that included four other British
destroyers. What were their names?

References: Groos, Nordsee,v. 6, 323-24; Karau, Marinekorps Flandern. 325-26; Naval
Staff, Monographs, v. 18,
402-3.

25 July 1917
The Germans attacked a
large Anglo-French force that was refreshing the Belgian coastal barrage. G91,S55,V70,S54 tried to pick off some of the
drifters. Broke
Nimrod,Torrent, and three other destroyers
engaged at 0500.
What were the names of the other three British destroyers
involved

References: Bacon, Dover
Patrol, v. 1, 210-11; Gladisch, Nordsee, v. 7, 154-55; Naval Staff, Monographs, v. 19,
181-82.

16 August 1917
Raid on Heligoland Bight.
Light cruisers Centaur, Conquest, and Canterbury; and destroyer Surprise and seven other British
destroyers attacked German sweepers in the Bight. Surprise was lightly damaged. What were
the names of the other seven British destroyers (Harwich Force).

References: Gladisch, Nordsee, v. 7, 62-65, Staff, Seven Seas, 193-94; Thompson, War at Sea,

28 October 1917.
Erebus operation. G91, S55 attacked the monitor Erebus. They were driven off in a twenty
minute engagement with British destroyers (one leader (Botha?) and two destroyers). What were
their names?

References: Brown, Grand Fleet, 148; Gladisch, Nordsee, v. 7, 167-69; Karau, Marinekorps Flanders,
414-15.

Urs Heßling

hi, Enrico,

Zitat von: Enrico Cernuschi am 14 Januar 2016, 17:39:41
16 August 1917
Raid on Heligoland Bight.
Light cruisers Centaur, Conquest, and Canterbury; and destroyer Surprise and seven other British
destroyers attacked German sweepers in the Bight. Surprise was lightly damaged. What were
the names of the other seven British destroyers (Harwich Force).
This was covered very well in Marinenachrichtenblatt No. 18  top :MG:
Participants were, as well, the CL Concord, Aurora, Penelope and Cleopatra (i.e., a total of seven light cruisers) the destroyer leaders Nimrod and Valkyrie and the destroyers Redgauntlet, Satyr, Thisbe, Torrent, Truculent, Sybille , Retriever and, as you said, Surprise.

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Enrico Cernuschi

Sonst noch was? Ich steckte eine Kopie meiner "Noi e loro" (Wir gegen sie), noch verkauft werden, vom Historischen italienischen Marine im Jahr 2016 in der Adria veröffentlicht und an den Ersten Weltkrieg.

Enrico  :O/Y

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung