Inhalt "MSiO"

Begonnen von crolick, 30 August 2014, 00:17:06

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

crolick

Dear Friends,

Polish maritime magazine "Morze, Statki i Okręty" has lately published special issue dedicated solely to the Polish-German War of 1939 at sea:

Below I'm including the content.
Polish:
Najpiękniejszy okręt II Rzeczypospolitej i jego ,,konkurenci" - Jan A. Bartelski
Miny w Zatoce. Działania minowe na Zatoce Gdańskiej w czasie Wojny Polskiej 1939 roku - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Dariusz Rusiecki
Polskie miny morskie Września 1939 roku - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Dariusz Rusiecki
Hydroplany nad Helem. Działalność niemieckiego lotnictwa Wybrzeżem w 1939 roku - Andrzej S. Bartelski
W cieniu sławnej siostry – czyli nie tylko baterią ,,cyplową" polska nadbrzeżna artyleria stała w 1939 roku - Roman Bąkowski, Waldemar Nadolny
Na linii ognia. Działania artyleryjskie na Wybrzeżu w czasie Wojny Polskiej 1939 roku - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Waldemar Nadolny
Straty osobowe Kriegsmarine i jednostek podległych na Wybrzeżu w czasie Wojny Polskiej 1939 roku - Andrzej S. Bartelski

English:
The most beautiful ship of the Second Republic and its "competitors" - Jan A. Bartelski
Mines in the Gulf. Mine action in the Gulf of Gdansk during the Polish War 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Dariusz Rusiecki
Polish naval mines of September 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Dariusz Rusiecki
Hydroplanes over Hel. The activities of the German aviation over Polish coast in 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski
In the shadow of the famous sisters - ie not only the "cyplowa" battery Polish coastal artillery was made of - Roman Bąkowski, Waldemar Nadolny
In the line of fire. The activities of the coast artillery during the Polish War 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Waldemar Nadolny
Personal losses of Kriegsmarine and its subordinate units during the Polish War 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski

German: (if something is terribly wrong - don't hesitate to correct me :wink:)
Das schönste Schiff der Zweiten Republik und seinen "Konkurrenten" - Jan A. Bartelski
Mine in der Bucht. Minenaktions im Golf von Danzig in der Zeit des Polenfeldzug - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Dariusz Rusiecki
Polnische Seeminen im September 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Dariusz Rusiecki
Flugzeug auf Hela. Die Aktivitäten der deutschen Luftwaffe auf polnischen Küsten im 1939 - Andrzej S. Bartelski
Im Schatten der berühmten Schwestern - also nicht nur die Batterie "cyplowa" polnischen Küstenartillerie im 1939 wurde - Roman Bąkowski, Waldemar Nadolny
Die Linie des Feuers. Die Aktivitäten an der Küste Artillerie während Polenfeldzug - Andrzej S. Bartelski, Waldemar Nadolny
Persönliche Verluste der Kriegsmarine und seine untergeordneten Einheiten in den Polenfeldzug - Andrzej S. Bartelski

The content was prepared mostly based on Polish and German archives.
If anyone is interested in more details about any of the articles - please let me know.
I'm sure that Glasisch will help me with some of the translations from the original Polish text :O/Y

Enjoy!
Andrzej

t-geronimo

Hello Andrzej!

Congratulations for publishing this work!
I will see where it is available in Germany as it covers a sometimes not well known period in naval history. :TU:)

I will move your topic to the section "books from members of the forum" because you deserve it! ;)
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Peter K.

... interessant klingende Artikel dabei!  top
Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

RePe

Eine kleine Ergänzung zum Beitrag:
Die Übersetzung zum Titelbild des Buches wäre folgende:

"Das Meer                                     oder englisch "The Sea                       
Schiffe und Boote                                                  Ships and crafts (or boats)
Spezialausgabe                                                     Special issue
75 Jahre Küstenverteidigung"                               75 years of coastal defence"

RePe

Jong

Warum gibt es diese Publikationen nur in polnischer Sprache ? Lohnt sich eine zweisprachige Ausgabe ( polnisch/englisch ) oder eine deutsche Ausgabe nicht...
So bleibt es für die meisten nur beim Betrachten der Bilder, sehr schade...

:MG:
Jong

Urs Heßling

hi, Andrzej,
first my  top :MG: for the work

Zitat von: crolick am 30 August 2014, 00:17:06
German: (if something is terribly wrong - don't hesitate to correct me :wink:)
Die Linie des Feuers.
IMO, "In the line of fire" has the implied meaning "In the front line / under fire" and might be translated into German by "An vorderster Front / unter Beschuß".

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

crolick

Zitat von: t-geronimo am 30 August 2014, 00:30:32I will see where it is available in Germany as it covers a sometimes not well known period in naval history. :TU:)
I'm not sure if you can buy it online - http://sklep.magnum-x.pl/product_info.php?products_id=935 - but you can always write to robert.sawicki@magnum-x.pl - the person responsible for the e-sales.

Zitat von: RePe am 31 August 2014, 00:18:57
"Das Meer                                     oder englisch "The Sea                       
Schiffe und Boote                                                  Ships and crafts (or boats)
Spezialausgabe                                                     Special issue
75 Jahre Küstenverteidigung"                               75 years of coastal defence"
Thank you RePe. As for the translation small correction.
statek = ship = Boote oder Schiffe
okręt = warship (only) = Kriegschiff

Zitat von: Jong am 31 August 2014, 12:45:10Warum gibt es diese Publikationen nur in polnischer Sprache ? Lohnt sich eine zweisprachige Ausgabe ( polnisch/englisch ) oder eine deutsche Ausgabe nicht...
So bleibt es für die meisten nur beim Betrachten der Bilder, sehr schade...
Because you would need to pay to authors and then second time to translator for the same text. So it is too expensive for the publisher to publish bilingual issues :|
However if you are interested in any details from the articles please let me know.

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 31 August 2014, 12:57:54hi, Andrzej,
first my  top :MG: for the work

IMO, "In the line of fire" has the implied meaning "In the front line / under fire" and might be translated into German by "An vorderster Front / unter Beschuß".
Thnx Urs! :MG:

BTW One of the articles include list of 47 fallen Kriegsmarine sailors in Polenfeldzug (including first victims of WWII onboard Leberecht Maaß on 3rd of September).

Enjoy,
Andrzej

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung