Italian prisoners on ships Leda, Tanais, Aghios Antonios Kal 89, C.SA 38, Alma

Begonnen von LColombo, 04 März 2014, 19:37:17

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

LColombo

Thanks all again; another matter cleared, and with a - fortunately - unexpected result.

Now, if it would be possible to know what was the "C.SA 38" (motorsailer Costantinos sunk by Sokol? or other vessel?) and whether she had any prisoners on board when sunk, it would be perfect.

Dimitris Galon

Zitat von: LColombo am 06 März 2014, 13:03:01
Now, if it would be possible to know what was the "C.SA 38" (motorsailer Costantinos sunk by Sokol? or other vessel?) and whether she had any prisoners on board when sunk, it would be perfect.

Hello Lorenzo,

No losses due to the support of the MÖWE. Check the KTB Seeko Kreta (s. attachment).

Furthermore check also the ASA-Projekt under: http://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/asa/ausgabe.php?where_value=3190

Best regards
DG

crolick

Zitat von: LColombo am 04 März 2014, 19:37:17
3) Caique Aghios Antonios Kal 89: sunk by ORP Sokol on 19.11.1943, 200 Italian prisoners on board
4) Ship "C.SA 38", possibly caique Costantinos also sunk by ORP Sokol (on 19.11.1943, or in early 1944?): I have found mention of some 100 prisoners lost in the sinking of the so-called "C.SA 38", but others told me that the Costantinos did not have prisoners on board, only German troops;
ANTONIOS had 208 Italian PoW onboard of whom 110 died and further 60 were wounded (source: Gefechtsmeldung for ANTONIOS)

As for CONSTANTINOS I assume the information is correct (no losses) since in SKL it is claimed that 100 Italians drowned.

Both vessels were sunk by SOKOL on 19 XI 1943.

Dimitris Galon

Hello everybody,

here is also the report of KTB Admiral Ägäis 19.11.43 concerning the sinking of the motorsailers AGIOS ANTONIOS, Kal. 89, and KONSTANTINOS, SA 38. It also informs that the Italian losses were approximately 100 (s. attachment).

Zitat von: crolick am 06 März 2014, 19:53:22... ANTONIOS had 208 Italian PoW onboard of whom 110 died and further 60 were wounded (source: Gefechtsmeldung for ANTONIOS)

Hello crolick,

could you please inform us where we may find the "Gefechtsmeldung" for AGIOS ANTONIOS?

Best regards
DG

LColombo

I have one last question about the Ellinico Horio (or Elinico Chorio?): (http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,4767.0.html) this ship was damaged by air strike in Karpathos on 20.9.1943 when she had 550 Italian prisoners on board (but were all 550 on Ellinico Horio, or 550 combined figure with the German MFPs, as 7 prisoners were killed on F 308?), with many caualties among them (how many? the site "The Invisible Graves" says "at least 7"). On 25 September the damage had just been repaired, when Greek crew members and Italian prisoners seized the ship and tried to flee towards Cyprus/Palestine, but the following day the Ellinico Horio was sunk with all hands by the Luftwaffe. Is it known how many prisoners were killed in the air strike on 20.9, and how many were aboard the ship during the attempt to flee (I know nobody recorded them in this second case, but at least the German command should have been able to roughly ascertain how many prisoners were not accounted for after the ship had departed, or not?)

Dimitris Galon

Zitat von: LColombo am 07 März 2014, 14:39:02
I have one last question about the Ellinico Horio ....

Hello Lorenzo,

check the data and the documents included in the following link:

http://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/verluste_griechenland/ausgabe.php?rubrik=%&where_value=463

This is only what has been discovered until now.
Best regards
DG

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung