ID=62445 Name=Wernicke, Joachim

Begonnen von Urs Heßling, 24 September 2012, 08:44:44

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Urs Heßling

moin,

my reading at BAMA brought me to the conclusion that this man didn´t exist.

I think that he is a "mix-up" of Stabsobersteuermann Alfred Wernicke, who commanded S 604 (not S 603, that´s an error) 4/44 to 9/44 ... and Oberleutnant zur See Joachim Wiencke, who commanded S 202 from 8/44 to 4/45 (note the similar names with a "ck")

There´s no indication that two Wernickes were commanding officers at nearly the same time in the Med.

IMO the Wernicke commanding S 604 (see above) and the man commanding S 621 from 11/44 to (at least) 2/45 are the same.

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Hubertus

hi Urs.

StOStrm Alfred Wernicke Kdt of S-604. 04.44-09.44.  S-621. 11.44-02.45.

OLt.z.S.  Joachim Wiencke Kdt of S-202. 08.44-04.45.

Joachim Wernicke did not command a S-Boot.
Is that correct.

Many thanks
Herb.
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urs Heßling

hi, Hubertus,

IMO yes. (J. Wernicke did not command a boat, he was a man who never was.)

You may add that Wernicke was CO of the (nearly unusable and inoperable) S 501 from 6/43 to 9/43.

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Hubertus

Thanks Urs,

Will send Thorsten updates at the end of this week.

Cheers Herb. :-)
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung