Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Urs,
I have some hope that there are more post war photos showing the painted on numbers some where.

There is also a Gelting part at the end of the "Stukad der Meer" film. The quality is bad but it shows a lot of Schnellboote, the Begleitschiffe and the sinking of Carl Peters on 14 May 1945.

Link (3min, 35 sek): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXBeAf_Ilq4&feature=relmfu

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Darius

Hello Alo,

thank you for the video.

I´ve found an interessting extract on Siebelfähre 318 there.

I´ve created a new thread here: http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg202331.html#msg202331

:MG:

Darius

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

ein Bild der HERMANN VON WISSMANN (leider nicht gut) im "Stukas der Meere" Teil mit dem langen Interview mit Siegfried Wuppermann, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AuVtagVSZE&feature=endscreen  bei 4:25-4:35

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

maurice voss

Hallo,

Hiermit eine Photo von HERMANN VON WISSMANN

mfG
Maurice

Urs Heßling

moin, Maurice,

Alo sucht nach einem Bild des Hecks der "HvW" auf der Suche nach einer endgültigen Antwort auf die Frage, wann das bekannte Bild der Ansprache Petersen an die Schnellbootbesatzungen in der Geltinger Bucht entstand, am 5.5. oder am 11.5.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Erich~

I am hoping I am not adding to the confusion to the possible two dates we are describing but looking at page 218 of G. Hümmelchen's work I note 50 S-Boots plus 5 Begleitschiffe in Geltinger Bucht.  If I understand his statements it apepars the Kurland group is also now with the 10th and 3rd Schule flottilles giving the added Boots in numbers, could then Peterson have had the one and only announcement in front of his men on one date or ...... ?

Alo yes the described foto it appears two Boots with Kalottes and 2cm flakveirlings and then others with single 3.7 and possibly 4cm weapons.

maurice voss

Hier eine Photo von KAMINA in 1951.

Urs Heßling

hi, Erich,

Zitat von: Erich~ am 10 Oktober 2012, 23:08:49
could then Peterson have had the one and only announcement in front of his men on one date or ...... ?

Shakespeares Hamlet said [To be or not to be] that is the question    :wink:

greetings, Urs

alo41

Erich,

If you check the document for the 11 May you will find that is says "letzte Flaggenparade der Kurlandflottillen". I think we have proven that the photo does not show the Kurlandflottillen and Petersen is not standing on Tsingtau.

Tsingtau / Tanga did not have a Flak gun in that possition, did not have the small roof in front of the stand and did not have a singel 10,5 cm gun.
Carl Peters did have a flak gun and the small roof but then she had twin 10,5 cm guns
Hermann von Wissmann did have the flak gun, the small roof and singel 10,5 cm gun. The camoflage does also match my posted photo from Helsinki.

I think this proves that Petersen is on HvW.
I would just like to have some final evidence that Tsingtau, Tanga or Carl Peters were not rebuilt in 1945 to look like HvW.

Thank you Maurice for the additional HvW photos.
I am pretty sure that Petersen was standing by the red arrow in this photo. Note the camoflage (sean on the guns) with the light part (sean on the anchor chain winch)

/Alo

alo41

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

BRAVO ZULU = WELL DONE !!

Das ist für mich der schlüssige Beweis, daß das Foto nicht auf "Tsingtau", sondern auf "Hermann von Wissmann" gemacht wurde.
Die im Buch von Kühn stehende Unterschrift dieses an verschiedenen Stellen im Internet und in Büchern gezeigten Bildes ist also falsch.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Thank you Urs,

We can see that all the other present Begleitschiffe (Tsingtau, Tanga, Carl Peters, no drawing of Buea) are slightly diffrent.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

hi,

Zitat von: alo41 am 12 Oktober 2012, 14:03:13
.. no drawing of Buea ...

a rough sketch http://s-boot.net/buea-uk.html  and: no armament !

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

Thank you for the Buea drawing. I think it makes it clear that the photo is not from Buea either.

Here is a link witch claims that Petersen took his flag down on 8 May 1945. The photo is probebly from that date. Link: http://ww2gravestone.com/general/petersen-rudolf

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I have looked more into the shooting of deserters and muteniers and the Schnellbootbegleitschiffe. There was an incident before the three were shot on Buea.

The first was on 5 May1945 when the crew on M 612 made a muteny. 11 from the crew were executed on board M 612. Seven of them are now buried in Sönderborg.

From Wikipedia, Link: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M_612
"Auf der Fahrt nach Flensburg wird ein zufällig entgegenkommendes Schnellboot auf M 612 aufmerksam, als es über Signalscheinwerfer den Kommandanten von M 612 anfragt, der aber nicht auf der Brücke erscheint. Weitere Schnellboote werden herbeigerufen. Und die Besatzung von M 612 wird durch das sichtbare Klarmachen der Torpedorohre zum Aufgeben gezwungen. Ein Kommando mit Offizieren der Schnellboote geht an Bord. M 612 muss im Alsensund bei Sønderborg unter Geschützbewachung durch das Schnellboot-Begleitschiff ,,Hermann von Wißmann" vor Anker gehen."

Do anyone know which S-Bootflottille that brought M 612 to Hermann von Wissmann? Was Petersen on HvW on that date?

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung